INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 18.0.143 Alpha -- Available Here  (Read 14615 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe

This is an alpha release of Media Center for Mac.  If you aren't comfortable with a few problems, please wait a few days.

Please read this before downloading.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180143.dmg

18.0.143 (3/5/2013)

1. Fixed: Removed printing options from menu as they are not available yet on Mac and could cause a crash.
2. Changed: Changed text and link on "Help -> Registration Info" pop-up to reflect timeout and no license needed.
3. Fixed: Using cmd-Q to exit the program would result in a crash.
4. Fixed: Program text was garbled in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean translations.

18.0.142 (2/28/2013)

1. Fixed: SACD ISO files were not importing.
2. Fixed: Several cover art issues.
3. NEW: Internet POST requests work (makes Last.fm, etc.).
4. Fixed: If a background thread showed a message box, it would lead to a hang.
5. NEW: File move, rename, copy dialog functional. Not recommended for large scale or critical file operations until more testing is done.
6. Fixed: Problems with support of 32 bit only OSX systems, e.g. playback of MP3 files.

18.0.141 (2/26/2013)

1. Fixed: Sound devices that requested planar instead of interleaved data were not working.
2. Fixed: Cover art next to audio files was not loading properly.

18.0.140 (2/25/2013)

1. Fixed: The program would not run on systems without SSE 4.1 support.
2. Changed: Retooled SSE assembly everywhere in the program so that SSSE 3 is the low-water mark for SSE acceleration (previously SSE 4.1 was required in most places to get acceleration).
3. Fixed: Thread priorities were not implemented fully on Mac.

18.0.139 (2/22/2013)

1. Fixed: Wrong options file was being used in the 138 build resulting in frequent crashes.

18.0.138 (2/22/2013)

1. NEW: Added support for Core Audio exclusive output in Options > Audio > Output mode settings (enabled by default).
2. Fixed: Memory playback was not working properly.
3. Fixed: Plugins were not working because working path was not being set, this caused playback to fail.

18.0.137 (2/21/2013)

1. Fixed: Audio format converter working.
2. Changed: Register dynamic libs on first run after install rather than every startup.
3. Changed: Auto-update partially works. It will show whether version is up to date and download new version. Need to manually install.
4. Fixed: Show/Set update download directory not working.
5. Fixed: Search in options dialog not working.
6. Fixed: Encoder properties dialog in options not working.
7. Fixed: Clicking away from in-place editing box doesn't cancel edit mode.
8. Fixed: Mouse wheel support.
9. Changed: Close,Minimize,Maximize buttons moved to left side of frame.
10. Fixed: Lots of UI windowing issues (z-order,  white windows, black windows, floating windows,  etc.) should be fixed.
11. Fixed: Files with really long path names weren't importing.

18.0.136 (2/20/2013)

1. Fixed: Library backup / restore works, although restoring a library from the Windows version is not fully working yet.
2. Fixed: Internal volume working.
3. Fixed: Player window displaying wrong playback time.
4. Fixed: Some of the window z-order issues.
5. Changed: Somewhat friendlier message about lack of web browser support.
6. Changed: New and improved installer graphic.

18.0.133 (2/15/2013)

1. NEW: First release of Media Center on Mac.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

erviv

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 18.0.143 Alpha -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 06:46:20 pm »

The problem in SL that when deleting smart playlists that MC aborted has been corrected with this release.
However the issue when picking display view still brings up a full screen view of the album cover but the only way to get out of this view seems to be to shutdown the computer.  Steps followed where start playing file, click on display view (cntrl+3) and then the full view is shown with no way to get out.  Pressing the minimize button shrinks the page, but it springs back immediately.
I hope this explains the issue.
MacBook Pro i5 2.3Ghz 8 GB (early 2011) 1Tb SSD; 3 Raspberry pi’s 4 and 2@ 3B (o/s: Buster).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 06:48:58 pm »

Try a double click.

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 10:24:24 pm »

Still can't get any sound out of my USB soundcard in version  18.0.143.
OS is 10.6.8 on MacMini server (core2duo).
Built-in output does work.

chriswatson

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 03:49:14 pm »

Is there any kind of ETA on getting the sync/connection between libraries working? The way my library is set up that will just make things much easier to have my master windows server be the backend for my mac. Not rushing anyone, just want to know when I should peer back in.

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 03:51:11 pm »

We hope to get Mac to Mac networking going in the next several weeks.

I don't know when or whether we'll be able to do Win to Mac.

Please use another thread for anything requiring a discussion.  This thread is reserved for bug reports.

erviv

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 08:12:16 pm »

Try a double click.

The screen provides a full size view of the album cover and in the top left corner a - and + button the red button is not red and is not active.  Double clicking on the yellow - button or the green + button has no effect  I have to press the computer shutdown to get out, fortunatley MC being active prevents the computer from shutting down.
MacBook Pro i5 2.3Ghz 8 GB (early 2011) 1Tb SSD; 3 Raspberry pi’s 4 and 2@ 3B (o/s: Buster).

InfernoSTi

• Recent member
  • Hawthorne Audio Reference Speakers
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 09:16:01 pm »

This version seems to play the most steady of all of them for me (or else I've just mastered the correct settings finally).  However, it still crashes immediately upon making a new playlist.  I click "add playlist" then type in the name of the playlist in the box.  When I press "enter" the entire program shuts off the visual display yet the music continues to play.  I can't get the screen to come back up unless I exit the program.  Very odd....

John

EDIT:  I still get very bad stuttering when the program goes into "get cover art" mode (seemingly on its own) and I can't make it quit seeking cover art and have to force quit and reopen the program.  I posted this under the stuttering audio thread, too....

erviv

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 07:33:41 pm »

This version seems to play the most steady of all of them for me (or else I've just mastered the correct settings finally).  However, it still crashes immediately upon making a new playlist.  I click "add playlist" then type in the name of the playlist in the box.  When I press "enter" the entire program shuts off the visual display yet the music continues to play.  I can't get the screen to come back up unless I exit the program.  Very odd....

John

EDIT:  I still get very bad stuttering when the program goes into "get cover art" mode (seemingly on its own) and I can't make it quit seeking cover art and have to force quit and reopen the program.  I posted this under the stuttering audio thread, too....

I have a similar issue with using a smartlist.  the screen goes to what is shown in the attachment when trying to add a rule
Pages: [1]   Go Up