INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Zones for PCM/HDMI/DSD streaming  (Read 1060 times)

billfort

• Recent member
Using Zones for PCM/HDMI/DSD streaming
« on: March 07, 2013, 02:05:29 pm »

I’m a new user of MC18 and am building a streaming computer to serve my main audio system and HT system in an adjacent room.

Can I use ‘zones’ to stream audio via a USB port to an external DAC and switch to streaming video via HDMI to another room when needed? (would not be used simultaneously).

Can I use ‘zones’ to selectively stream audio via 2 USB ports to 2 DACS – one for up to 24/96 PCM material and another for native DSD/DSF decoding?

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Using Zones for PCM/HDMI/DSD streaming
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 02:07:45 pm »

Welcome.  Yes, you can use zones for that.  Zoneswitch can switch automatically, depending on content.  The wiki (link below) has more.

thomasmathai

Re: Using Zones for PCM/HDMI/DSD streaming
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 04:40:16 am »

Hi !

I have connected the following units:-

My computer which has Nvidia GT - 610 graphic card which supports both Audio & Video signals is connected via HDMI Cable from PC - graphic card HDMI OUT to my Yamaha - A V Receiver RX-V371 (AVR) HDMI IN.

My LG LCD TV is connected via HDMI cable from LCD TV - HDMI IN - 1 to AVR - HDMI OUT.

I have dual displays both on my LG - Monitor & LG - LCD TV.

LG monitor - I use for browsing / surfing.
LG LCD TV - I use for music / movies.
I hear my music from Itunes & Winamp.   

PROBLEM 1.
I used to switch off the LCD monitor while listening to music thru my computer speakers which always worked but not in the case of LCD TV.

To save the life of the LCD TV - viewing hours, I switched off the LCD TV in order to listen to the music.
But this stops my music to go mute & the AVR go off.

The Yamaha technical person advised me to turn OFF the HDMI control feature on both the units viz the AVR & the LCD TV.
HDMI control on the AVR is now set to off & the Simplink feature on the LG LCD TV is also set to off.

This took care of the AVR not getting switched off but my music continues to go on mute while the media player on the PC continues to play the music as I was able to view this on my LG monitor while my LCD TV was off.

PROBLEM 2.

MY AVR ALWAYS REFLECTS PCM. I am unable to hear any DTS / dolby sounds.

Kindly help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up