INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No sound from Netflix movies, all other sources okay FIXED  (Read 1000 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
No sound from Netflix movies, all other sources okay FIXED
« on: March 09, 2013, 01:07:16 pm »

Does anyone have any ideas on this?
I'm running the latest MC build, my TV is connected to an Onkyo 705 AVR via HDMI then to my Pioneer TV via HDMI.
All my movies (DVD, BD, MKV formats) and music work fine but when I start to play a Netfix movie the Onkyo display shows "No Input" - but I get a picture, just no sound.
I can switch from Netflix to a movie and the sound will work fine, if I switch back to Netflix I lose the sound. Netflix used to work on this HTPC but it is not my main room for watching TV so I don't know how long the Netflix part has been broken.
Also, the other HTPCs in my house (where HTPC feeds directly to TV (no AVR) are all playing Netflix properly.
This appears to be an issue with HDMI handshake.
When NHTPC switches to Sliverlight for Netflix playback I lose handshaking or something.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: No sound from Netflix movies, all other sources okay
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 02:13:20 pm »

Try changing the browser engine that MC uses.  It can use Chrome or IE.

CountryBumkin

Re: No sound from Netflix movies, all other sources okay FIXED
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 03:20:34 pm »

I got it fixed.
Problem turned out to be an issue with my AVR and computer display resolution.
I had forgotten about this problem with my hardware. Sometime back I must have changed my desktop respolution to my TV's default of 1366x768. But my AVR (Onkyo 705) will not play sound from HDMI connection at a "non-TV resoution". So I had to revert back to 1080x1920 on my desktop to get sound working. This was only an issue for Netflix since it uses Silverlight to play.
Pages: [1]   Go Up