INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Run away Disk Writer  (Read 761 times)

larryrup

• World Citizen
Run away Disk Writer
« on: March 11, 2013, 05:47:32 pm »

Good day:

I went through all of the output settings, including Disk Writer.  I've not been able to get ASIO or WASPI Event Style working so I was poking around., I set things back to WASAPI and began listening to a playlist.  I started getting pauses every 30 seconds or so and could not stop this.  I've traced the problem to what I assume is Media Center writing 85 or so WAV tracks to c:\music\diskwriter.  No matter how many times I delete the folders they get written back on playing anything from my main library.  It is writing way more files than  played.  I do not know if it's writing the playlist.  The file names all come up 192.168.1.100xxxxxx which is the internal address of the PC where I have an internal shared drive with all my music.  Despite deleting them from the library, they come back after every MC restart.   I have been using this set up for months, and only started with this problem today.  I have spent 3 or 4 hours trying to figure it out.   I can find much  on disk writer but know it is not  set.  I went back to disk writer and saw the path mentioned above was set.  Program would not let me leave it blank, so I set to DVD drive.  It accepted this, but continues to write to C:   The files start  being written only when a song is played.  Media Center can be open and they will not write.  It fills all the available space on C and that is when the pausing starts.  Any ideas?  I'm stuck.

Thanks

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Run away Disk Writer
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 06:28:20 pm »

Uninstall, choosing the option to remove the registry entries.  Reboot and reinstall.  You will lose your library (but not your files).
Pages: [1]   Go Up