INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Present Small Artwork" (DLNA server setting)  (Read 1614 times)

Mike48

• World Citizen
"Present Small Artwork" (DLNA server setting)
« on: March 18, 2013, 03:59:11 pm »

I have stored large (1200 x 1200) images for cover art of audio files. This is causing problems with one of my DLNA control points when I am browsing large lists with artwork.

MC18 has the "Present Small Artwork" option for DLNA servers. Somewhere on the Web, I found a reference that says this downsamples the art to 120 x 120.  Is that right?  It looks much too good on the screen of my phone to be 120.

So my questions are, (1) What exactly is this supposed to do?  (2) Is it working correctly in MC18? and (3) Does MC18 offer a way to downsample album art automatically over DLNA?

Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: "Present Small Artwork" (DLNA server setting)
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 04:37:40 pm »

I believe the artwork provided by the server comes from the thumbnails, so the original size (1200x1200 in your case) shouldn't really matter.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mike48

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 04:42:09 pm »

I believe the artwork provided by the server comes from the thumbnails, so the original size (1200x1200 in your case) shouldn't really matter.

Thanks, Matt. The thumbnails come from where?  And can you tell me what "Present small artwork" actually does?

Is it possible that the DLNA server sends two types of artwork, thumbnails for browsing and full-sized for display in the control point's "Now Playing" screen?  I get that impression, based on what I see on screen.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 05:10:43 pm »

Media Center builds three thumbnails for each media file in your library.  They're used in Standard View, Theater View, and also for DLNA.

Often with DLNA, we offer a few sizes of artwork in the DIDL and the device can pick the size it likes best.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mike48

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 10:02:13 pm »

Thanks - that helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up