INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arctic MC001 Barebone PC and JRiver MC?  (Read 1776 times)

SeldomSeen

• Recent member
Arctic MC001 Barebone PC and JRiver MC?
« on: March 27, 2013, 03:03:32 pm »

I recently purchase this unit to run openELEC which is a stripped down linux install that only contains XBMC. 

The guts of it are: Dual Core Intel Atom D525 (1.8GHz) with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5430, 512MB GDDR3

I put 4GB of ram in it and a 4GB USB flash drive and it runs pretty darn well with a total cost of $135.  It streams my 1080P mkv blu ray rips perfectly to my TVs. 

I use JRiver MC, mostly for music and Gizmo on my main PC.  This unit got me thinking that with a small SSD and windows OS that this could be a great theater view machine with JRiver installed.  Silent (fanless form factor) small, built in IR.  I use the current one to stream to TVs that have audio only from the TV itself.  I'd use jriver in the theater where I have 7.1. 

I would continue with XBMC with this, but it currently can't decode the DTS-MA codec and my current receiver can only accept LPCM in 7.1.  Would this PC have enough horsepower to handle that?  I don't want to shell out another $150-200 without knowing for sure.

Thanks a bunch!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Arctic MC001 Barebone PC and JRiver MC?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 04:30:50 pm »

It probably wouldn't do very well with Theater View. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up