INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 18.0.164 -- Available Here  (Read 5677 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 18.0.164 -- Available Here
« on: April 06, 2013, 10:15:04 am »

This is the latest version of MC 18.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180164.exe

History: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74442.0

18.0.164 (4/5/2013)

1. Changed: Clarified the new license restore system when using a license code purchased from a reseller (instead of directly from JRiver).
2. Fixed: Converting multiple videos at one time with the format converter would crash.
3. Changed: Switched the default start page to jriver.com/start.html (program uses 'Playing Now' when Internet is not available; custom start pages in 'Custom Webpages\Start' still supported).
4. Fixed: If a new library failed to load on a configuration with only one library, it could lead to a crash.

Code: [Select]
18.0.163 (4/4/2013)

1. Changed: SSA/ASS subtitle renderer supports custom outline colors.
2. Changed: When the subtitle engine rendered an underline (common with karaoke), it could cause letters around the underline to shift slightly.
3. Fixed: Library tree browsing was not working properly with file location categories.
4. Fixed: Memory leak in television with Ceton InfiniTV and Hauppauge HDPVR/Colossus devices.
5. Changed: Switching between tracks that use a different hardware sample rate will better honor the 'Gapped Fade' between tracks mode.
6. Fixed: Following a Blu-ray disc rip, display updates would keep firing until the action window was closed.

18.0.162 (4/2/2013)

1. Fixed: ZoneSwitch could engage with Play Doctor playback, causing different files to unexpectedly go to different zones.
2. Fixed: Typed navigation would not reset properly after a little delay, making it impossible to perform multiple searches.
3. Fixed: Image captions configured in Options > Images were not appearing.
4. Fixed: Some Theater View views were not filling in all thumbnails in build 161.
5. Fixed: Facebook image upload was not working.
6. Fixed: If a DLNA renderer went away while it was being viewed, it could cause a crash.
7. Changed: Resizing a video window no longer discards picture shift information.

18.0.161 (4/1/2013)

1. NEW: Added intercom support.
2. Changed: Removed intercom support.
3. Fixed: On-the-fly channel changing did not work for Ceton InfiniTV television devices.
4. Fixed: Pushing the Green button to return to Theater View could hang or crash in rare cases.
5. Fixed: When a filename was a URL, it didn't work nicely when browsing with a file path category.
6. Fixed: Using an empty password for Access Control did not work properly.
7. Fixed: Image playback zoom, flick, and scroll could take a fraction of a second to respond if the framerate had idled down to 1fps.
8. Changed: Improved smoothness of image flick so that there should be no stutter or pause as the new image comes in.

18.0.160 (3/29/2013)

1. Fixed: Spaces in an MCWS command line call were not working properly in some cases (ie. MC18.exe "/MCWS/v1/Playback/LinkZones?Zone1=Kitchen&ZoneType1=Name&Zone2=Living Room&ZoneType2=Name")
2. Fixed: Starting Play Doctor playback with a file that was excluded by the configurable Play Doctor filter would cause a crash.
3. NEW: Integrated touch-friendly image playback system into regular image playback (still a work in progress).

18.0.159 (3/27/2013)

1. Changed: Updated Theater View Weather to use the latest World Weather Online API (used when NOAA is not available).
2. Fixed: Netflix sign-in window was not working.
3. Changed: Netflix API no longer provides catalog browsing by category so that feature has been removed.
4. Changed: Work on flick image viewer (space runs a pan-and-zoom slideshow, pixel-perfect overlay rendered when animation stops, framerate settles to 1 fps when there's no movement, etc.).

1. Fixed: Have the renderer return correct data for trackURI's when the same instance of MC is the server and renderer.

1. Fixed: Tracks on audio CD's were reported with the wrong duration.
2. Changed: DLNA model number to conform to MC version.

18.0.156 (3/25/2013)

1. Fixed: Ceton InfiniTV 4 tuners were not playing HD channels smoothly.
2. Fixed: A player bar tooltip could show unexpectedly in Display View.

18.0.155 (3/22/2013)

1. NEW: Simplified the license restore system (doesn't require browser, more forgiving about Registration Code formatting, automatically fills from clipboard, etc.).
2. Fixed: Pasting text with leading newlines into an edit control that isn't multiline will work better.
3. Changed: A low-pass or high-pass filter set above the Nyquist frequency will act as a pass-through (previously it could run and output out-of-range values, triggering Protect Mode).
4. Changed: Updated Chinese language file (thanks kelijun).
5. Fixed: Disc Labeler was not working.
6. Fixed: Memory playback was using more resources than necessary.
7. Changed: [b]Flick gestures from a touchscreen change images[/b] during image playback.

18.0.154 (3/20/2013)

1. Fixed: Some analog television devices (with hardware encoder) could fail.
2. Fixed: CD burners were not getting recognized in builds 152,153.
3. Fixed: An auto-show menu could fire even if a different program had the focus if the mouse moved over the show region.
4. Changed: Switching volume modes clears the mute state of the new volume mode.
5. Fixed: Data icons were not displaying properly.
6. Changed: The default for concurrent handheld conversions adapts based on the CPU instead of being locked at two (configurable in Options > Handheld).
7. Fixed: Auto-sizing of the status columns for handheld, rip, burn, etc. would not use enough width.
8. Changed: It's possible to toggle the 'Always on top' setting for Mini View from the View menu while in Mini View.
9. Changed: Mini View uses the slimmer 'Display View' artwork when possible (use right-click to get to menu).
10. Fixed: Truncation tooltips prevented regular tooltips from appearing.
11. Fixed: When importing a FLAC with embedded CUE file, the last track could have the wrong duration.

18.0.153 (3/18/2013)

1. Changed: FLAC tag values are no longer null terminated (could cause problems with Asian characters on Linux MPD devices).
2. Fixed: [b]YouTube[/b] was not working in some cases (hopefully fixed, but please report if you are still experiencing problems).
3. Changed: Improved the categories shown in Theater View > YouTube.
4. Changed: Manually adjusting the volume while the volume is muted will unmute the volume.
5. [b]NEW: The command line allows making MCWS web service calls[/b]: MC18.exe "/MCWS/v1/Playback/Pause?State=-1" (does not require Media Network to be running or a server to be listening).
6. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Playback/LinkZones and MCWS/v1/Playback/UnlinkZone.
7. SDK: Added MCC_LINK_ZONE (10060) and MCC_UNLINK_ZONE (10061).
8. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Playback/PlayDoctor to allow a simple entry to starting Play Doctor playback using a seed.

18.0.152 (3/18/2013)

1. Changed: Updated Chinese language file ([b]thanks kelijun[/b]).
2. Changed: A couple of small tweaks to audio encoding for video conversion.
3. Fixed: On some systems with multiple optical drives, [b]CD ripping[/b] would not work because MC would see the drives as duplicates.

18.0.150 (3/14/2013)

1. NEW: [b]Ceton[/b] television devices can be disabled or enabled individually so users can avoid conflicts when using them on different machines.
2. Faster: Improved performance of Media Network device discovery (more reliable detection, fewer resources needed).
3. Fixed: HD television channels played poorly on Ceton devices that were installed as network devices.
4. Fixed: A few bugs relating to CD ripping with multiple drives.

18.0.149 (3/13/2013)

1. Fixed: The program did not properly handle relative paths that started with a backslash (which means starting on the current drive).
2. [b]Faster[/b]: The core 24-bit PCM to 64-bit (internal format) conversion is about 4x faster.
3. Fixed: The sorting of orders of television devices on TV Options window did not work for Ceton tuners.

18.0.148 (3/12/2013)

1. Fixed: Televion playback could fail in build 146 for certain digital television devices.
2. [b]SDK[/b]: Any MCWS file function can save the files to a playlist (ie. MCWS/v1/Playback/Playlist?Action=Save&SaveMode=Playlist&SaveName=My%20Group\My%20Playlist).
3. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Playlist/Delete to allow playlist deleting (requires an authenticated connection) (ie. MCWS/v1/Playlist/Delete?PlaylistType=Path&Playlist=My%20Group\My%20Playlist).
4. Fixed: The Action Window would not reload colors properly when switching skins until restarting the program (again).

18.0.147 (3/11/2013)

1. Faster: Improved performance while ripping movies.
2. Fixed: The Action Window would not reload colors properly when switching skins until restarting the program.
3. Fixed: Fill Properties From Filename could incorrectly apply a value from the previous file in certain cases.
4. Fixed: When a DLL showed user interface, it could lead to a crash (like the WASAPI - Event Style configuration dialog, etc.).
5. Fixed: Global hotkeys were not working.
6. Fixed: Remote buttons could not work in some cases.

18.0.146 (3/8/2013)

1. Fixed: Possible user interface crashes in build 145.
2. Fixed: Race condition that could cause Play Doctor usage in [b]linked zones[/b] to create playlists that were different in different zones.
3. Fixed: Clicking tab text did not work in build 145.
4. NEW: [b]Ceton InfiniTV 4 CableCARD television device support[/b].  It is still unfinished.  For example, live channel switching does not work.  You have to Stop one channel before starting another.
5. Fixed: Scan for television channels did not work in the last few builds.
6. Fixed: Configure button on Television Options window did not work.
7. Changed: [b]Digital television devices running in non-time-shifting mode also use Red October[/b] settings (previously Red October settings were used only in time-shifting mode).
8. Fixed: Options > Audio > Configure input plug-in... was not working.
9. Fixed: The image printing wizard was crashing on close.
10. Fixed: The image preview view state was not being preserved properly during back / forward navigation.

18.0.145 (3/7/2013)

1. Fixed: Seeking while bitstreaming DSD could crash.
2. Fixed: Opening the Tag Action Window could incorrectly zoom into the field under the mouse.
3. Fixed: Manually switching tracks was not updating the playing file as quickly as expected for the last few builds.
4. Fixed: The Action Window navigation list was not using the proper background color with some skins.
5. Fixed: When linking a zone to another zone that was already playing, not all playback settings would by synchronized to the playing zone so they might change tracks at different points.
6. Fixed: Linked zones could account for drift in a slightly incorrect way across track transitions, causing an unnecessary resync (sounds like a pause and resume).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Re: JRiver Media Center 18.0.164 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 12:34:49 pm »

This seems to be a new bug in 164.

Whenever there is a tooltip displayed, there is a "hidden window" showing up now:

vjbelle

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 12:50:36 pm »

Transitioning from 44 sample rate to 196 sample rate track with double click selects the track, stops play but doesn't start play on the new track.  This has not happened on prior RC's.

Transilium

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 02:01:33 pm »

Mc crash opening file video mkv and mp4 from desktop(win8 -64)

GaryWW

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 08:11:51 am »

Same SACD playback as I reported for 18.0.158.

GaryWW

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 08:12:37 am »

Still can not play YouTube videos with the Player.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 10:31:38 am »

@GaryWW

I couldn't reproduce your SACD ISO issue.  When I drop a SACD ISO into Playing Now, I get all the tracks.

Do you have a few ISO files you could test?  As a test, could you try a second, empty library?

It might be good to start a new thread to discuss.

Thanks.

Sesam

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 10:46:31 am »

This seems to be a new bug in 164.

Whenever there is a tooltip displayed, there is a "hidden window" showing up now:

Yea I'm seeing that problem too in Windows 7 64bit.

GaryWW

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 11:47:06 am »

@GaryWW

I couldn't reproduce your SACD ISO issue.  When I drop a SACD ISO into Playing Now, I get all the tracks.

Do you have a few ISO files you could test?  As a test, could you try a second, empty library?

It might be good to start a new thread to discuss.

Thanks.

I'm not sure what the problem was but it all worked as it should with a second, empty library. So I deleted the SACDs from my primary library and was able to re-import them without issue.

Sorry for issuing an alarm. Delete the spurious posts if appropriate.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 12:17:50 pm »

I'm not sure what the problem was but it all worked as it should with a second, empty library. So I deleted the SACDs from my primary library and was able to re-import them without issue.

I think this might happen if the SACD ISO got imported as a data file before we added native support.

At least now a delete + import should always get it right (it didn't in the past), but it's still a little gross.

Neco

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 02:00:20 pm »

Yeah I'm getting the   "phantom window" bug too,  also on Windows 7 x64.

Kind of annoying as I don't have my taskbar set to group similar windows,  so anytime a tool-tip pops up I get a new entry in my taskbar, but at least it goes away after the tool-tip fades..

Also,  the  outline rendering for  ASS shows up...sort of.  The border isn't as thick as it should be, and there seems to be a Drop shadow applied (by MC if I am not mistaken) that masks the outline on half of the edges.
I also can't understand why at  "100%"  J River renders the  subtitle substantially larger than other media players,  something like 50%  size increase.

I've noticed some other issues, using the same file I pulled examples from in the other thread..   So at this point I would be willing to supply said file..
But I feel like we could go in circles with these subtitle issues forever.    Vobsub already does everything so well,  and we have support for using other "video" renderer/engines,  so I wonder if it wouldn't be best to just give us a way to disable the internal subtitle engine and force MC to use Vobsub/xy-vsfilter, etc..    This would probably get rid of a lot of headaches.

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 02:50:32 pm »

I don't think this is specific to 164: playing IVTCed content does not restore the original refresh rate.

Here are my display settings. (note: I would prefer to use 24/60, but the refresh rate is set to 23/59 regardless of which I choose)

madVR is set to force film mode, which means that the 29.97 file is played back at 23.976, and this works correctly:

When I stop playback though, my display is left at 23Hz - presumably because MC thinks it switched to 59Hz (as seen in the display settings) so it doesn't think it has to switch refresh rate again.

audioriver

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 04:25:58 pm »

Trying to grab and move the volume control is very "bumpy" and hard to control, especially when increasing the volume. I've also tried disabling Logitech mouse software.
Windows 10 Pro x64

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 05:00:33 pm »

Trying to grab and move the volume control is very "bumpy" and hard to control, especially when increasing the volume. I've also tried disabling Logitech mouse software.

It sounds like you turned on Volume Protection:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Volume#Volume_Protection

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 06:48:45 pm »

Still can not play YouTube videos with the Player.
Please give an example.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 07:46:25 pm »

Please give an example.

He has, but we haven't been able to reproduce.

Unfortunately, I'm stumped.

GaryWW

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 09:12:47 pm »

He has, but we haven't been able to reproduce.

Unfortunately, I'm stumped.

Is there any kind of debugging I can enable and/or any logs I can provide?

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 09:16:34 pm »

Fixed: Using an empty password for Access Control did not work properly.

Thanks

Neco

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 04:03:12 am »

Oh, this....this is JUST EVIL

MC will allow  DirectVobSub to render my subtitles (and do it properly!)  If I use   "Windows Merit Based (not recommended)",  and it plays fine.  Until you stop playback, then it causes an  Apphang crash   :'(

Don't know if this will tell you anything useful...
Code: [Select]
Description:
  A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
  Application Name: Media Center 18.exe
  Application Version: 18.0.164.0
  Application Timestamp: 515f3b0a
  Hang Signature: 38d0
  Hang Type: 1
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Hang Signature 1: 38d0bcbd2b94db02f9e6322d045f6f81
  Additional Hang Signature 2: 7f78
  Additional Hang Signature 3: 7f789889ef608858c9cca71299ccb545
  Additional Hang Signature 4: 3a9c
  Additional Hang Signature 5: 3a9cde59fb7a2c0ca8ff60dd045700f3
  Additional Hang Signature 6: b7a0
  Additional Hang Signature 7: b7a0cf283a218f9ebda5aff4427b5b62

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 06:43:33 pm »

I don't know if this is a new bug or not. Haven't tried lots of permutations with it so I will give you a basic repeatable event.

If I minimize MC this build after about 10 minutes the app stops with the crash/hang dialog. This has occured 3 times to me. Each time I had been playing Live TV f (Ceton) from standard view, You know me I always make comparisons from WMC... WMC doesn't mind being minimized at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up