INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre View On Start Up  (Read 1577 times)

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
Theatre View On Start Up
« on: May 01, 2013, 09:04:13 pm »

Hi,

Sometimes (not always) upon startup theatre view looks like the below picture with only the audio button showing. The other buttons are there and can be cycled thru but they remain in the same top left corner location. Any ideas? Is this common?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theatre View On Start Up
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 12:20:16 am »

I have never seen or heard of this.

Can you list your settings for Theater View and Themes? Maybe try picking a different one?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 07:16:01 am »

I occasionally see something similar.  It may be a video driver problem.  For me, hitting the green button three times fixes it.  If you're using a keyboard, use F11.

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 06:27:20 pm »

I have MC18 set up on my HTPC which by default does not have a keyboard or mouse attached only a remote. I also have it set up on my Slate PC (which has no attached keyboard) for use on plane trips. I fail to see why needing a keyboard and mouse is a solution. I never had this problem with WMC. And it happens on both computers.

rayooo

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 09:10:56 pm »

I have MC18 set up on my HTPC which by default does not have a keyboard or mouse attached only a remote. I also have it set up on my Slate PC (which has no attached keyboard) for use on plane trips. I fail to see why needing a keyboard and mouse is a solution. I never had this problem with WMC. And it happens on both computers.

I use theater view exclusively for listening, no mouse/no kbd. Fortunately I don't have the issue, but if I did, having to use a KB or mouse just to get going would be a real pain.
MC-27-28> Meitner MA 1V2> CJ-GatV2> CJ ART 300s> Magnepan 20.7

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 05:34:09 pm »

I have MC18 set up on my HTPC which by default does not have a keyboard or mouse attached only a remote. I also have it set up on my Slate PC (which has no attached keyboard) for use on plane trips. I fail to see why needing a keyboard and mouse is a solution.

I assume that you have a button on your remote mapped to the "Green Button" function in MC, as it is a pretty essential button for navigating efficiently in Theater View.  It cycles through Theater View Most Recent > Theater View Home > Display View (if Playing).  If you need to map it on a remote, you can do it using MCC_THEATER_VIEW - 22001 (which you can execute using mc18.exe /MCC 22001,0 at the command line).  F11 does mostly the same thing, but adds in Standard View.  You can decide which you'd like to use if you're mapping them yourself.  If you are using a Windows Media Center remote, it will automatically map this function to the Green Button (hence us calling it the green button).

Jim didn't intend for you to interpret his suggestion as a "solution", though, but as a workaround.  As others have mentioned, this is reasonably rare (I, too, have never seen it on multiple machines).  But rest assured that if Jim is seeing it, and it is possible for them to fix it (it isn't a GPU driver bug they can't fix), then it is on their list to be fixed.

I assume that your devices are using Intel integrated GPUs.  I'd recommend trying to update your graphics drivers, as they're the most likely culprit:
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up