INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 18 will only run one time  (Read 1664 times)

snoots

MC 18 will only run one time
« on: May 06, 2013, 02:51:18 pm »

I am having a recurring issue with multiple versions of the alpha builds. I can install the program; update my library and even connect to the server from my IPAD using JRemote. However most times after rebooting when I click on MC18 it does not even load, it is like i did not try to open it. No error message nothing. If i reinstall the program it will work again until i have restarted my pc and then it is back to not working. I don't know if it matters but this is running on a "hack intosh" dual boot Windows 8 / Mountain Lion installation. I keep thinking a later build will fix it but so far it keeps failing after working at least one time. I am installing to the application directory and using the "overwrite" option not the keep both when updating.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC 18 will only run one time
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 09:55:56 pm »

I'm not sure what this might be.  It hasn't been a common problem.

And a reinstall doesn't change any settings, making it even more puzzling.

Anyone else?  Any other clues?  You could try turning things off (auto-import, Media Network, changing the startup view, etc.) just to see if anything makes a difference.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

snoots

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 10:29:46 pm »

I will start doing a more thorough investigation with the next build. I do have all my music on a Synology NAS box but have had no issues with that on my Windows 8 MC 18. Also Itunes uses the Synology with no issues on either the Win 8 or Mac versions.

snoots

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 11:14:22 am »

updated to 180180.dmg; ran once imported some new songs from my NAS box. Played back some tunes. Reboot
no longer starts up. Just click on icon see a quick "flash" then nothing, not in the tray not running at all. Installed 180181.dmg it using the "keep both" versions option. 180 still won't play 181 works before reboot. I am rebooting now to see if 181 quits.

snoots

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 11:25:53 am »

after reboot 181 no longer plays either just a flash like the animation of a window opening and then it's done. Does not show down in the tray etc. Is there a task manager display on the mac or will i need to do a ps command from the terminal to see processes running? I will go google but it looks like it never even starts back up.

I actually don't have to reboot.. if i run one time exit MC18 then the next time i try to open it it does nothing. If i reinstall it works with playback until i close the program and then nothing again. Since this appears to be something unique on my end I think I will just wait till the MC18 mac version is more mature before trying to use it again. I mostly just play around on my ML to use Logic for recording with a friend so most of my actual use is no my windows machines which on the exact same hardware work fine.

snoots

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 11:24:05 am »

version 182 continues to run after reboots and closure/reopening. Don't know why but so far so good.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 12:25:34 pm »

187 is now current.  Could you try that?

snoots

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 02:48:52 pm »

I installed 187 when it came out and so far it continues to work with no issues other than a few albums don't display artwork in the main "audio" window but if i play a song from the album the action window does show the artwork. I have seen this before on windows but not for quite a while.
Pages: [1]   Go Up