INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade from MC 16 to 18  (Read 811 times)

terrybooth

Upgrade from MC 16 to 18
« on: May 10, 2013, 03:17:32 pm »

I have MC16 running on Windows 7 working well. I have tried to upgrade to 18 which installs alongside but now nothing works properly. Asio playbay does work at all, WASAPI playback is choppy, the server for Gizmo does not start. Are there some upgrade instructions anywhere?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Upgrade from MC 16 to 18
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 12:37:49 am »

If MC18 detects an old server running, it's supposed to close it, but I'm not convinced.

If you still have MC16 installed, run it, go into options and set startup to "Nothing".

Then exit, make sure the server in the system tray is closed also, run MC18, go to options and ensure that it's set to run the server on startup.

That ought to take care of the Gizmo issue, sorry, but I cannot advise as to the playback issues. I use ASIO and a PCIe X-Fi card and have no issues. I have no experience with WASAPI at all.

-marko

terrybooth

Re: Upgrade from MC 16 to 18
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 04:35:49 pm »

Ok. Completely stopped MC 16. Installed MC18 and restored a backup of MC16. Everything looks fine and Gizmo works. But playback with Asio produces nothing but a few very soft clicks and Wasapi playback is choppy. Mc16 works fine.  ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up