INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: License questions  (Read 1103 times)

Bigguy49

• World Citizen
License questions
« on: May 15, 2013, 12:22:27 pm »

I really do not understand how to restore MC18 without chewing up 10 available per year...now I am down to three.

Had a problem with BSOD while running MC18 the other day.  I went to start MC today and got a message that needed to restore/reinstall MC18.  So I went to link on JRiver for restoring, plugged in my license code and was reissued an *.mjr file which was the same as one I had gotten a couple of weeks ago after following the same process.  I am using MC18 on two machines for my personal use so not abusing the product licensing.

IF I need to restore MC18 again, please walk me/us thru the steps required so that I avoid chewing up restores.  

I see something about something only being available for 14 days.  Is that the *mjr file?  

IF I mess up and exhaust my restores before 12 months are up, how do I get more?

I see that MC18v183 is available (I have v158 now).  Can I download latest w/o incurring charges?

Sorry for not understanding what apparently is simple for others.  Thanks in advance.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: OK, Color me stupid but...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 12:47:59 pm »

MC 18 updates, v158 to v183, for example, are all free of charge.

The .mjr file you have downloaded will remain valid for 14 days from its generation date.
You are allotted 10 mjr generations per year.
If you genuinely run out of restores, post here and request more (In a new thread) and someone from JRiver will investigate and supply, normally well within 24 hours. Never post your registration code in the forums.

Once registered, on a system, MC should retain that license on that system unless you reinstall Windows or restore a registry version from before the license was applied.
Under some circumstances, MC will discard its license and require a restore. The most common cause of this is if the PC name is changed, otherwise, once registered, you shouldn't really have any troubles going forward.

-marko.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: License questions
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 12:53:44 pm »

This explains when updates are free:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Updates

Bigguy49

• World Citizen
Re: License Questions
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 12:58:50 pm »

Thanks, Marco.

Nice to know that there is a way to get more updates.  :D

Not sure if BSOD compromised ? something with MC18 but it would not load without restoration.  No PC name changes, etc.

Will take advantage of the MCv183 update.

Off topic, but any reason why a 24/96 HDTracks download seems to be playing as standard Red Book?
Pages: [1]   Go Up