INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback from NAS to NAIN Uniti  (Read 1952 times)

waltop

• Recent member
Playback from NAS to NAIN Uniti
« on: May 18, 2013, 04:36:06 am »

I just started to trials with MC 18, I am pretty new user of  PC driven music.

When I play one album, or a playing list, the first track is correctly played, the second is played twice, so is for the third and so on up to the end.
I have a Iomega EZ, Naim Uniti, wired to a cisco router, PC is wireless.
this I suppose has someting to do with the settings of client, server, library etc., but I am not able to solve it.

Can anybody help me?

waltop

• Recent member
Re: Playback from NAS to NAIN Uniti
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 12:54:32 am »

No suggestions?
My trial period is expiring and I am not buying MC if this cannot be solved.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 07:26:33 am »

How are you controlling the playback?  Are you sending to the Naim from MC?  Or are you playing from MC by using the Naim?  Or do you use a controller?  Please provide some details.

rayooo

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 10:00:36 am »

The times in the past that I've managed to get double playback of songs in a playlist...are the times that I've managed to have two copies of each song in the Library, typically due to my own messing around with Network path to the NAS etc.

MC-27-28> Meitner MA 1V2> CJ-GatV2> CJ ART 300s> Magnepan 20.7

waltop

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 12:11:25 pm »

How are you controlling the playback?  Are you sending to the Naim from MC?  Or are you playing from MC by using the Naim?  Or do you use a controller?  Please provide some details.
Not sure what I am doing, sorry. I select one album and double click the first track. The audio path indicates "not using JRiver audio engine" for both input and output.
One more detail: the upper window, when the second track is played for the first time, continue to indicate the first track. When the second track is played for the second time it updates after about 30 sec. with the right title, album, duration etc.

waltop

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 12:21:18 pm »

The times in the past that I've managed to get double playback of songs in a playlist...are the times that I've managed to have two copies of each song in the Library, typically due to my own messing around with Network path to the NAS etc.

Thanks rayooo, infact I have some doubt that files are duplicated at least on some library list. sometimes the file name starts with \\IomegaEZ\\music\.... but some times is like http://192.168.1..... do you have any idea why?
I am pretty sure that I have only one file in the NAS and none in the PC.

waltop

• Recent member
Re: Playback from NAS to NAIM UnitiQute
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 03:42:21 am »

some more info:
  • I disabled and DLNA and playing with local player (PC) the issue is still there
  • the file list of each album includes first track with file name \\IomegaEZ\Music\folder\filename
    from second track to the end the files are doubled the first name is http://192.168.1.102.50599/disk/NON-DLNA/   .flac
    the second name is again \\IomegaEZ\Music\folder\filename
maybe something related to the loaded libraries?

rayooo

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 05:45:06 am »

I only use the main library and have auto-import set to monitor a single path to the NAS where the media is.
If for example auto-import contains two different paths, to the same media, it will import the same media twice.

I've typically just cleared the library, and re-ran auto-import, making sure their is a single watched path to each individual album.

Others may be able to elaborate on/clarify and/or correct the above gibberish as 3 years later I'm still a MC Novice! :)

MC-27-28> Meitner MA 1V2> CJ-GatV2> CJ ART 300s> Magnepan 20.7

Peter_RN

• World Citizen
  • Old Guys Rule... the older I get the better I was.
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 08:33:50 am »

Not sure what I am doing, sorry. I select one album and double click the first track. The audio path indicates "not using JRiver audio engine" for both input and output.
One more detail: the upper window, when the second track is played for the first time, continue to indicate the first track. When the second track is played for the second time it updates after about 30 sec. with the right title, album, duration etc.

Hi

At the risk of becoming boring, if you are double clicking a track in MC and you are connecting to the Naim via UPnp/DLNA you are going to run into trouble with reliability. The Naim has to 'Pull' the music from your server, if you have an Apple iOS device this can be used to run n-stream for example which becomes your control point; if not you should select your music from the front screen on the Naim.

However, this would not be the reason for your seeing double listings of the same tracks. Would suggest, as previously advised above you remove and re-import your library.

J River is by far the best software that I have found for music management, well worth spending the time to get set up correctly.

Regards
Peter

waltop

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 01:26:58 pm »

Thanks Peter, I have the n-stream on my Ipad, but that app is very poor and I am looking for a more powerful controller.
n-stream, for example, does not allow to add tracks as next to play, and, when one artist is selected, the list of the tracks is in alphabetical order and not by album and track sequence. Playlist cannot be created (at least I have not been able to).

I am very happy of the sound quality of the Qute, but I am quite disappointed about the app.

any other software that can properly act as controller of the Qute?

Peter_RN

• World Citizen
  • Old Guys Rule... the older I get the better I was.
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 04:11:20 am »

I am afraid that I cannot offer any helpful advice at all as to the use of control points, n-stream or any other as I NEVER use any wireless device.

Do you use the Naim forum? There has been numerous discussions about n-stream and although I don't tend to read many of them you may find more useful help there. I get the impression that not all its functionality is obvious to all. Although n-stream is updated from time to time even as a long term Naim user I believe you could fairly describe it's progress as glacial, certainly compared to MC development.

As a thought, I have read good things about JRemote, but don't know more.

Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up