INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound problem  (Read 1507 times)

Maltsters

• Junior Woodchuck
Sound problem
« on: May 23, 2013, 03:19:08 pm »

I bought JRiver a couple of weeks ago and it sounded great.....but it installed an automatic update to 18.0.189 and I noticed that the WASAPI event based interface had changed. Okay I can cope but it now sounds awful! The sound is dull, I get timing errors, clicks and pops nothing plays properly any more. What have you done, everything else through the DAC and laptop sounds fine. JRiver used to sound great.

Anyone know how I go back to a previous version - I am soooo disappointed with this recent update?  By the way .158 sounded good. I use a dCS DAC fed from USB from my laptop.

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sound problem
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 03:29:57 pm »

Under Tools > Options > Audio > Output mode settings… try changing the size of the buffer.
I would probably start by increasing it, and then reducing it if that doesn't work.

Maltsters

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 04:18:03 pm »

Under Tools > Options > Audio > Output mode settings… try changing the size of the buffer.
I would probably start by increasing it, and then reducing it if that doesn't work.
I have already tried that,the sound just sounds muffled, lots of clicks and timing errors....just awful....when I used 18.0.158 it sounds fine.

Event based was fine before..I just wish they hadnt changed it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 04:20:25 pm »

Please read the first post here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80614.0

Then use that thread for any questions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up