INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost the Abilty to Play to "There" - TRemote  (Read 1691 times)

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Lost the Abilty to Play to "There" - TRemote
« on: June 02, 2013, 03:51:21 pm »

I recently lost the ability to play to "There" when using my laptop as a remote using TRemote. I can connect to the library server and control the server system with no problem. Music plays fine on the laptop remote. However, there is no "There" option to play on the server system. This happens on multiple clients  and servers and is pretty consistent, although I can occasional see "There" for a  client. I have a feeling that some update to my router (Verizon) or to my OS must have caused the problem, but I cannot find anything that makes the "There" option work reliably. Unfortunately, at this point I do not even know where to look.  I do not know why the client lost the "There" option. I share files across the systems fine. They are part of a homegroup. The access is clearly there. But for some reason the "There" option on TRemote is gone. Gizmo can connect to the library and play on the server, using the same network that my other clients are on. Systems are on 17.0.182.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am, unfortunately, dead in the water with TRemote.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Lost the Abilty to Play to "There" - TRemote
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 04:41:53 pm »

A firewall on the client might do that.

Also check the server settings for Media Network.

Try 18.0.193, available at the top of the MC18 board.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 04:52:50 pm »

Jim - I have tried disabling the firewall and it does not seem to matter, but I will try again.

I don't know what server setting would cause this. I can connect to the library server so I think the Media Network settings are ok. I have been using Tremote from the beginning and have not had this problem before.

I am really stumped on this one. Do you know the mechanism that is used to have "There" appear? If I had some idea of the protocols involved I might be able to troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 05:00:23 pm »

Did you try power cycling both sides and the router?

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 05:25:38 pm »

Turned off the client firewall and nothing changed. I have power cycled in the past, but will try again

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 05:42:35 pm »

Powered off the client, the server and the router. Turned on router, server, then client. Connect to library server on the server. Again, "There" is not displayed as an option.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 05:48:40 pm »

I switched the client and server and got the same results. That is, I made the laptop into the server and connected my normal server to the laptop. Again, "There" is not there.

I am worried it is something in the router, but am not sure where to look. It used to work, but stopped recently.
Pages: [1]   Go Up