INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forward/Back buttons on keyboard not working with MC18  (Read 3314 times)

kvwielink

Forward/Back buttons on keyboard not working with MC18
« on: June 02, 2013, 11:08:03 pm »

Hi All,

I'm using a Logitech K320 keyboard with multimedia keys, but for some reason the forward and back buttons don't work with MC18. I've got Setpoint installed (latest version) and the key is currently assigned to "automatic". I've checked other available options but can't work out what to select otherwise.
I've tried all the media key settings in the options of MC already, and no difference is observed. The buttons don't work regardless whether MC is in focus or not.
I'm running on a Windows 7 x64 operating system.
Any ideas why this won't work, and what I can do about it? Thanks.

Rgds,

Kvwielink

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Forward/Back buttons on keyboard not working with MC18
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 12:38:37 am »

The buttons don't work regardless whether MC is in focus or not.

I have the same issue. However, you may find that MC isn't in focus for the keyboard command, even when it appears to be so. Have you tried a left click of the mouse to truly bring MC into focus (even during fullscreen playback)? I find that a left click anywhere on the screen renders MC 'in focus' to respond to the next, previous and stop buttons on my keyboard.
I do think it is a bug, but one that's been hard to track down.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 06:39:46 am »

There are some multi-media key settings in MC.

sdaughtry

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 09:23:54 pm »

MC 18.0.206, Windows 8, Logitech wired Y-BH52 multimedia keyboard - cannot get MC to utilize the multimedia keys built into the keyboard. I've tried all 3 options under Media Key Mode - result is the same, in that when MC is not in focus it ignores the multimedia keys built into the top / left side of the keyboard. Is there a multimedia keyboard that works 100% of the time with MC18 - I like this Logitech keyboard but willing to buy something that works reliably with MC..

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 12:38:47 pm »

The problem is bigger than only forward and backward. I have Logitech MK330 now and I only can use the keys on the keyboard when MC is on top. So if I am playing music and I like to interrupt the music for a while, than I have to bring MC to the top of my screen. With a very old keyboard I never had that problem. Is there a solution for it?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 01:40:02 pm »

Try the Media Key setting in MC.

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 02:38:05 pm »

To tell you the truth: I am working with an old version (12) of MC and I don't think there are media key settings in that version?

For a good understanding: if needed I will buy a new version, but when I can set it in MC12, than it is not needed to buy a new version.

sdaughtry

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 10:51:40 pm »

To clarify: the MM keyboards do not work in MC18 when MC is minimized or does not have focus. The whole purpose (IMO) of MM keys is to manipulate song playback regardless of whether or not the music player has focus or not. I use 1By1 MP3 Directory Player when I need something simple - and it ALWAYS recognizes the MM keys on my keyboard! It is a real irritant to have to ALT-TAB back to MC18 just so I can migrate to the next/previous song instead of tapping the keyboard.. if a company as small as 1By1 can get their small MP3 player to recognize MM keys then surely a JRiver can do it also?
Pages: [1]   Go Up