INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony minidisc plugin.  (Read 1192 times)

XL883

Sony minidisc plugin.
« on: March 25, 2002, 01:10:52 pm »

I just bought a Sony Minidisc for listening to my Music (Or other peoples as well) while on the move.

It one of the new ones with a USB port and seems to work okay as long as i manually transfer all files to .wav before i send them to the device.

Is it possible that MJ could connect to this device directly without having to use the OpenMg jukebox software that comes with it. (Now theres a real beta product). - Dodgy but out there.

It has the latest copyright protection stuff built in so maybe not so compatible. I believe the early Sony stuff had a link to realJukebox2.

Comments MJ.

Currently playing - Mike Oldfied - Ommadawn

jjoneil

RE:Sony minidisc plugin.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2002, 02:15:33 pm »

Yeh, me too.

jj

Smiler

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2002, 02:39:52 pm »

Hi
just to let you know that
"Ommadawn" is Irish for Idiot/Ejit/Fool
The spelling is different but the sound is correct.
Cheers Smiler

Smiler

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2002, 02:42:27 pm »

Ooops Forgot to mention
Listening to Seq "Caminito (Carlos Gardel)" Tango music

Steve

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2002, 06:13:05 am »

The Sony Minidisc should show up just like any other CD Drive in MJ.

Sudadon

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2002, 09:43:10 pm »

I don't think it does (at least not on my computer).  Even if it does, you will still need to convert the file into omg file to be able to transfer it to the MD player.  The program that comes with the walkman is really difficult to use, so it would be great if you could just transfer music files to MD via MJ.

Steve

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2002, 04:47:13 am »

After further review, perhaps we can't support this player. If the player is recognized in Explorer it should at least show up in MJ, but the bigger problem is that we don't support the proprietary file types that the minidisc requires.

Sorry.

Alex

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2002, 07:07:02 pm »

You should seriously consider supporting the new Sony Net MD devices, because they provide a viable portable audio alternative (Small, huge amount of music stored on cheap media).  Obviously, the key is an ATRAC3 encoder, but in my opinion, these new devices look pretty cool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up