INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug? - I get the web browser Start page everytime when changing libraries?  (Read 1521 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe

Morning,

This started back around 171 or 174...but I consistently get the "Start" page now - when switching libraries?

I used to get my proper start-up location "Audio->Recent Albums" on each switch.

Can I run a log and send it in for a quick look?

VP

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Check your startup options.

Vocalpoint

Check your startup options.

Did that...they have been the same for months and months. I always start in Location = Audio

Just tested this. If I switch my "startup" location to be Audio or Video or Drives and Devices etc...and then shut down MC..and then restart it - it will always honor whatever was set. But - once MC is up and I change libraries (from Main to Mobile in my case)...Mobile decides to fire up with the Start page all by itself.

Then once in Mobile I can mess around with different startup options (Audio, Drives and Devices etc) and shut down MC. And if I start it back up - it will honor the startup location. But again - if I switch back to my Main library - MC goes back to start again. :(

So - the start-up options are not being honored via this library switch. Again - this is  recent thing for me. I have had years and months of all library switching being just fine. Every library started in the right spot...until just a few versions ago...something has creeped in here...

VP

marko

• MC Beta Team

Are you certain?

In 10+ years for me, MC has always loaded the start page when switching libraries, even when the start page is disabled in "Options > General > Features"

My understanding is that it does this 'by design' for safety reasons.

Vocalpoint

Are you certain?

In 10+ years for me, MC has always loaded the start page when switching libraries, even when the start page is disabled in "Options > General > Features"

Hmm...

I am dead certain I was able to switch libraries with no issues...hence my reason for comment. But - hey - if it's doing it for you - then it must be OK.

I also do not see an option under Options - to actually disable the Start page...but I do see the ability to drop Start from the tree...

VP

marko

• MC Beta Team

Yeah, 'show start in tree' is the option I was talking about.

It's doing it for me, yes, but that doesn't mean it must be OK. A few years ago, Matt answered a similar question stating that this behaviour was by design. A few of us could be curious as to how you worked around it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

This is correct.  It shows a view it knows exists and will work with any library.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up