INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Covert Format: "Retain folder structure" request  (Read 1676 times)

audioriver

• Citizen of the Universe
Covert Format: "Retain folder structure" request
« on: July 05, 2013, 02:04:35 pm »

Please consider adding such an option. If I'm correct, it's not currently possible to convert multiple audio files in various folders, and export them to another location while maintaining all folders names, subfolders etc. It'd be great for easily transferring files to external drives, or part of the library without having to worry about folders messing up.
Windows 10 Pro x64

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Covert Format: "Retain folder structure" request
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 10:35:56 am »

The existing option 'And create levels of directory structure' will preserve the existing directory structure.

For example if you use Artist\Album folders, set the converter to create 2 levels of directory structure and it will keep the Artist\Album hierarchy.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

audioriver

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 12:12:15 pm »

Thanks. Will it keep all existing folder names, or will it create new ones, based on file tags? What about deeper than 2 levels, do I set that to 99 and never worry about it? I remember doing that in the past, and MC created all new folders, based on tags which is confusing and unwanted. I just want exactly the same files and folders/subfolders. The only difference would be the output folder/drive and the file format.
Windows 10 Pro x64

csimon

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 06:04:37 pm »

I've recently been doing the same thing and what you need to do I think is set the levels to at least the maximum number of directories you have, from the root directory. It doesn't do it by tags. Try it and see, on a limited number of files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up