INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issues with Windows 8 Tablet (Samsung Ativ Smart PC)  (Read 11585 times)

Nilsi

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Issues with Windows 8 Tablet (Samsung Ativ Smart PC)
« on: January 06, 2013, 03:51:52 am »

Hello JRs,

I was more than delighted with Microsoft announcing Windows 8 and with it, for the first time, x86, touch and reasonable device run time (Atom, here the Samsung Ativ)...meaning MC for the first time really portable...so I thought. Here are some first impressions and issues (for sure not all MC caused):

- performance of standard and theater view reasonable (all files on NAS, thumb nails generated locally, lowest graphics settings)
- scroll bars a little too small in standard view (I'm sure, it must be configurable in some skin def-file)
- neither in standard, nor in theater view, touched based scrolling has satisfying behaviour
- To play ripped DVD (no iso but files) ends in a complete crash of MC (both V 17 and 18)
- unfortunately, the Samsung does not (yet) support switching off the screen without entering power save mode. So, screen needs to be on in order to be able to keep MC playing (arrrrggghhhh!!!)...and therefore obviously drains battery...

These are rather superficial statements, I know, but if you at JRiver are interested in more detailed analysis, please let me know and give me some guidance how to support you in maybe rectifying these issues.

Regards

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Issues with Windows 8 Tablet (Samsung Ativ Smart PC)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 07:27:29 am »

Thanks for the details. 

You can scroll in Theater View by "flicking".  Press and "throw".

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 07:37:12 am »

I'll merge this thread with this one:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75784.msg522010#msg522010

It's on the Hardware board here.

burre

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 07:23:10 am »

Hi JimH,

I see now that this thread is about the Ativ (XE500) and the thread you link to is the Ativ pro, which is a quite a different unit. Maybe they shouldn't be merged?

I just bought the XE500 yesterday, and would love to discuss it and hear tips etc.from other users. I am buying MC18 later on, I'll post back my impressions. :)

Specifications

Samsung ATIV Smart PC XE500T1C-A02DE
:: Processor
Intel Atom Z2760 1.8 GHz
:: Memory
2048 MB, LPDDR2
:: Graphics adapter
PowerVR SGX545, Core: 533 MHz
:: Display
11.6 inch 16:9, 1366x768 pixel, capacitive, multi-touch, Unknown, glossy: yes
:: Harddisk
64 GB SSD, 64 GB
:: Connections
3 USB 2.0, 1 HDMI, 1 Docking Station Port, Audio Connections: combo headphone/microphone, Card Reader: micro SD, Sensors: position, ambient light, TPM
:: Networking
Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/n (abgn), 4.0 LE Bluetooth, 4G/LTE/3G
:: Size
height x width x depth (in mm): 20.5 x 304 x 189.4
:: Weight
1.455 kg Power Supply: 0.272 kg
:: Battery
30 Wh Lithium-Ion
Battery runtime (according to manufacturer): 14:30 min
:: Price
900 Euro
:: Operating System
Microsoft Windows 8 32 Bit
:: Additional features
Webcam: Front 2MP, Rear 8MP, Speakers: 2 x stereo, Keyboard: chiclet, Keyboard Light: no, S-Note, S-Player, Photo Editor, Norton Internet Security (90 day), 24 Months Warranty

Pages: [1]   Go Up