INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC19 for Mac?  (Read 6137 times)

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
  • "Science is not a democracy"-Earl Geddes, Ph.D.
MC19 for Mac?
« on: July 12, 2013, 01:07:01 pm »

Since the announcement of MC19 for Windows has come I must ask.  Will any of those improvements come to MC18 for Mac or will it be named MC19 (for Mac) by the time it reaches its maturity and considered no longer Beta?
W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

My podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC19 for Mac?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 01:30:26 pm »

Please see the Mac OSX section here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Upgrade_to_MC19

And thanks for your support on the Mac side so far :)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 02:43:04 pm »

Please see the Mac OSX section here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Upgrade_to_MC19

And thanks for your support on the Mac side so far :)
Thanks.  I'm a bit surprised that you would charge the early adopters though as the latest buyers from July 1st on will get it technically for free.  Am I correct?

I see this from the link you provided:
It is not currently possible to pre-order the Mac version. MC19 for Mac will be available a few weeks after the Windows version. If you purchased an MC18 Mac license, we'll mail you a coupon for a discounted MC19 for Mac in a few weeks as a thank you for your early support.

But also see this on another thread from Jim:
Not quite.  Mac will always lag Windows.  We haven't made any decisions yet.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81894.msg558201#msg558201
W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

My podcast:

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 02:51:02 pm »

I'm sorry, but we don't know yet.

We'll try to be fair.  Feel free to recommend what you think would be best.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 02:56:07 pm »

I'm sorry, but we don't know yet.

We'll try to be fair.  Feel free to recommend what you think would be best.

Well, since you asked...   :)

I think that if one was a complete first adopter "fair" would be an included upgrade since it's not that old. 

If that isn't part of the JRiver business plan, then an upgrade with the same structure as the purchase of the ALPHA release based on time of purchase is fair to me.  So basically an upgrade price that is incremental depending on purchase date just like the initial buy.  You have set pricing and we can either buy it or not. 

Do I make sense?

My podcast:

Zanth

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 03:43:12 pm »

I agree with the idea that early MC18 adopters get a significant discount (possibly incremental as per 18) or it is included as a "thanks for helping us get up and running."

18 really only became useable a month or so ago for many of us.  18 still has issues (crashing when background live scanning is enabled for instance). 

18 doesn't have video like the Windows version and I assume 19 will lag with the video too.  All of this is perfectly fine for me personally (I don't care about the video aspect at all) but I do want to have the features enabled.  I paid the earliest price, and I feel that the experience from the start as well as the feedback I have provided (and some of the suggestions seem to have been incorporated in later versions) has been beneficial.  Dropping $18 or whatever the cost will be isn't an issue but I think offering some type of reconciliation regarding the payment and use of buggy software and the upgrade to 19 would be a nice gesture.

blocSonic

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 04:23:43 pm »

I'd like to just add my two cents. I registered in the forum, just so I could do so.

When I purchased v18, I fully expected that the UI would be made native before a v19 came around. Quite frankly, I haven't even used 18 because the UI is horrendous in the mac environment. There's honestly no way I'll pay a dime for v19. I'm a former windows user and truly love the app on that OS, but v18 is so far from being useful for me, that I'll honestly feel like I've been ripped off if you charge me for the upgrade. Essentially, you'll lose a mac user. I doubt I'm the only one who feels this way.

I hope you folks do the right thing by us mac users.

Solitary1

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 05:22:50 pm »

I'd like to just add my two cents. I registered in the forum, just so I could do so.

When I purchased v18, I fully expected that the UI would be made native before a v19 came around. Quite frankly, I haven't even used 18 because the UI is horrendous in the mac environment. There's honestly no way I'll pay a dime for v19. I'm a former windows user and truly love the app on that OS, but v18 is so far from being useful for me, that I'll honestly feel like I've been ripped off if you charge me for the upgrade. Essentially, you'll lose a mac user. I doubt I'm the only one who feels this way.

Agreed.
Mac OSX 10.8.3->Mac Mini Late 2012 Quad Core i7 2.6g/ 16g RAM->iTunes/Audirvana +/ BitPerfect/ Amarra HiFi, Fidelia, Decimal->ALO Pan Am DAC/Headphone amp.-> Audio GD-NFB-1132 DAC/Headphone Amp. ->Sennheiser HD650 Headphones or AKG K702 Headphones

mdsystem1

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 05:30:57 pm »

Agreed and "seconded".

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 05:53:17 pm »

There is no Mac MC19 available.  There won't be for many more months.

I'm going to lock this thread for now since we have our hands full with the current upgrade.  I'll reopen it after the weekend when more JRiver people will be available to help answer questions.

I appreciate whatever patience you can allow us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up