INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to add TVDB to jriver mediacenter  (Read 8454 times)

old_school

• Recent member
how to add TVDB to jriver mediacenter
« on: July 15, 2013, 04:20:59 pm »

hi is there a way to add TVDB to jriver mediacenter to check my tv shows

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: how to add TVDB to jriver mediacenter
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 04:28:42 pm »

It's built-in.
Just make sure that the shows are tagged with [Media Subtype] (= TV Show),  [season], and [episode], or that they can be recognised by Carnac when you do an auto-import. In the former case, you can manually select the files you want, right click and choose Get TV and Movie info. In the latter case, make sure you set up auto import rules to do the look-up.

old_school

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 09:20:10 pm »

hi fitbrit I don't know much about tagging my media but I use this program called filebot I guess it tag's my tv shows here is the link to that program filebot http://www.filebot.net/ but jriver mediacenter still will not get metadata for my tv shows don't know if this program filebot is tagging my tv show the right way for jriver mediacenter to find my metadata

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 09:36:02 pm »

Do you use auto import to add videos to your library?
Can you give me some/an example of the starting and resulting filenames after filebot has dealt with them?

old_school

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 10:37:20 pm »

no I belive I used import a single folder option am not sure

starting file name

the.big.bang.theory.s03e01.1080p.bluray.x264-slowhd

resulting filenames after filebot

The Big Bang Theory - 3x01 - The Electric Can Opener Fluctuation

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 10:53:25 pm »

no I belive I used import a single folder option am not sure

starting file name

resulting filenames after filebot

The Big Bang Theory - 3x01 - The Electric Can Opener Fluctuation

This seems like a cool program that I might use, myself.
Is there a way to get it to output: The Big Bang Theory - S03E01 - The Electric Can Opener Fluctuation?

It seems to only change the filename, rather than tag the files. You should try to use auto import in MC, and set up some auto import rules too, when you're comfortable doing so. Take a look at glynor's excellent thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68462.0

With autoimport, you can set up folders that MC will monitor for changes. When files are added, MC will import the files, and if you've checked the options, it'll read the file name "The Big Bang Theory - S03E01 - The Electric Can Opener Fluctuation". Using a feature of MC called Carnac, it'll figure out that the file is likely of the [Media Subtype] "TV show", the [series] tag should be "The Big Bang Theory", the [season] is "3", and the [episode] is "1". Then it will automatically look up in the TVDB for The Big Bang Theory  S03E01, and will populate all sorts of information, e.g. [name] = "The Electric Can Opener Fluctuation", [Description] of the episode etc.

old_school

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 12:54:50 am »

ok thanks I will try auto import to add videos to my library do you know of a program like filebot but that will auto lookup and tag my tv shows for me don't realy know much on tagging

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 01:09:49 am »

ok thanks I will try auto import to add videos to my library do you know of a program like filebot but that will auto lookup and tag my tv shows for me don't realy know much on tagging

Actually there's no need to use another program. MC does it all for you once set up. Just read the thread I linked, and ask questions as necessary.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 03:49:18 am »

I use this piece of good gear for renaming files:
http://therenamer.com/

If MC doesn't suck the "Get Movie and TV Info" straight in from a right mouse click, then I run:
<Right Mouse Click>  > Library Tools >  Fill Properties from Filename

It's possible that could be the answer to the problem for old_school ..  ;)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 11:21:14 am »

I use this piece of good gear for renaming files:
http://therenamer.com/

If MC doesn't suck the "Get Movie and TV Info" straight in from a right mouse click, then I run:
<Right Mouse Click>  > Library Tools >  Fill Properties from Filename

It's possible that could be the answer to the problem for old_school ..  ;)

I've used the Renamer before. However, I like my filenames to contain the video and audio codecs, resolution, and source. So I keep my filenames raw and let autoimport rules fill in the tags from the file names for me.

old_school

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 12:25:43 pm »

I already found out why its not auto getting the info for me from tvdb cause its looking it up like this here with this file name The Big Bang Theory Season 1 S1E7 when I remove the Season 1 from it like this here The Big Bang Theory S1E7 it finds the metadata for me from tvdb but I have to do this manually for each episode which sicks why is it doing this I have a folder called tv shows on my computer and in that folder I have two other folder name The Big Bang Theory Season 1 for Season 1 and have The Big Bang Theory Season 2 for Season 2 is there anyway of fixing this

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 04:50:54 pm »

So, it's a file naming convention matter.

You're adding redundant info in your file name with effectively "season X" twice. I can understanding why the software can't process this.

My philosophy is conventional, so I can't help you. My advice would be to go for a minimalist, conventional approach.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 07:03:30 pm »

Can you look at the Series Tag in MC's standard view? It might say "The Big Bang Theory Season X", where X is 1 or higher. If all your Big Bang Theory files have this naming convention under Season, you can select them all, right click on any file's entry under [season] and hit rename. Then type:
=removeright([series],9)
This expression takes the value under [season] and removes the last 9 characters from it. It will remove the _Season_X from the end of the series name for all your files at once. If you have a trailing space, or files under season 10-99, use: =removeright([series],10)
You can then do a Get Movie and TV info and it should pick up everything. There are other ways to do this, more elegantly I think, but they require more in depth explanation.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2013, 08:19:07 pm »

We can also help you with an auto-import rule to grab and fill series.  If you want help w/this, please show some paths.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2013, 01:10:54 am »

MC's TagOnImport system is certainly quite powerful, and can work with pretty much any naming scheme you can possibly come up with as needed.  However...

starting file name

I think you're overthinking it quite a bit.  You're trying quite hard to get around a problem that MC doesn't have (other players do, but MC doesn't).  You don't need all those other steps or tools.

Carnac (MC's automatic filename parsing system) would easily pull the series, season, and episode number out of that filename (the original, not the modified one).  I think it should get the one with the X too, but I haven't tried those in forever.  In any case:  All you have to do is set MC's AutoImport to look at the folder where the files are being downloaded, saved, whatever.  To be clear, the Import Single Folder option doesn't work.  They have to "come in" via Auto-Import.

MC will automatically figure out the filename and fill in:

[Series] = The Big Bang Theory
[Season] = 3
[Episode] = 1
[Media Sub Type] = TV Show

With that original filename.  Then, it will automatically look the file up in TVDB and retrieve all of the metadata you need...

Click to play.

Once that is done, you can, of course, just use MC's Rename Files From Properties tool to rename the file to whatever you'd like based on the tags you just obtained.  MC's File Renaming system is extremely powerful and reasonably simple to use.  It can save Profiles for later use, so if you use standard file locations and naming schemes for your media files, you can just make a profile for "TV Shows" (or whatever) and can then easily move/rename the files (now and in the future) from within MC all in one fell swoop.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 01:22:43 am »

The easiest way to deal with getting new content into MC is to have a centralized folder where your downloads, rips, or whatever go into and set MC to watch this folder via AutoImport.

Then, make a view in MC that limits the contents to just that folder (and has columns, fields, and panes to make tagging new files easier -- like my New Video view in the example video above).  You could filter it by simply showing only files in that centralized folder (or you could do something fancier with Tag On Import rules in that watched folder setup).  Then, this View in MC will serve as your "files to move, rename, and deal with" queue (and when it is empty, you're done).

Just let Carnac and the Auto-Import wizardry do its work, then go into that View you made, select the files and do Right Click > Library Tools > Rename, Move, and Copy Files, load your saved TV Shows preset, and hit Apply.  Done.  They're out of there, filed away in the proper folders, and dealt with.

If you don't want these "new" files to "pollute" your regular views in MC, there are tons of easy ways to deal with this.  The easiest is to just filter those views to not show anything in the "central ingest folder", though, again, you could use a Tag that was created via a Tag On Import rule.  It would depend on your situation and needs.

Don't fight the system.  It works beautifully, and is almost certainly less work than what you're doing now.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2013, 11:36:47 am »

I nominate glynor for steaks 2013-2014.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 11:40:57 am »

We're serving chicken.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 02:07:28 pm »

I nominate glynor for chicken 2013-2014.

old_school

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2013, 03:13:42 pm »

thanks all for the reply and help and thanks for the new video glynor got this working now my metadata are being download it for my tv shows :) the problem am having now is that I have jriver mediacenter setup like this I have hdmi cable hookup to my computer in the office room going from that room to my bedroom were I have the big tv hookup with the hdmi cable from the computer I have the computer in 1/2 multiple monitors display so that everthing from the computer displays on the big screen but the thing is to display my computer monitor right on the tv which is 55' I have to set it to just scan so when I play my media its playing in just scan and not 16:9 which I would realy like to be able to see my media at 16:9 how would I be able to do this how can I fix this

Edit : the computer monitor is a 22 " monitor and my pc that I have this hookup is like this one here don't know if its that my pc can display 16:9

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02035413&tmp_track_link=ot_faqs/top_issues/en_us/c02035413/loc:2&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=4170142&lang=en

I also wanted to ask when using jriver to play 3D movies that are HOU (Half Over/Under) and HSBS(Half Side by Side) how do i pair up screens on jriver can it be done for this type of media

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2013, 11:55:48 am »

Its best to start new threads for new topics.  People who read the original topic won't know that this thread refers to, say HDMI-related questions and 3D movies.  Start two new threads, OK?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2013, 11:56:43 am »

Your original problem has been solved. What you're asking now is completely unrelated, and doesn't really sound like an MC problem - rather it is a hardware and Windows problem. Please post a new topic with the right Subject title in the appropriate forum. Don't forget to include details like which refresh rates and resolutions the two screens are running, and what video hardware you have, e.g. Intel HD4000, AMD/ATi 5450, or nVidia GTS450 etc.

old_school

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2013, 09:48:34 pm »

ok thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up