INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First attempt to burn a CD fails  (Read 1983 times)

rst2303

First attempt to burn a CD fails
« on: March 20, 2002, 11:33:52 am »

I am very, very new at this so this may be a stupid question. I ripped a trial CD (it plays find from the HD) then tried to burn it on a CD from a box of Maxell CD-Rs. The process did not complete. I got the error message "track mode incompatible with existing track types." The drive is identified as LG CD-RW CED-8080B. I then brought in the same contents in wave mode and tried again with the same result. What's wrong? I can find no explanation of this error message.

jac74

RE:First attempt to burn a CD fails
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2002, 01:51:12 pm »

I'm having the same exact problem...have tried everything that the "help" section suggests and anything else I can think of...all to no avail...using Windows XP Home...the program goes through the whole conversion process of transferring all of the songs into the correct format and then just stops, showing "Track Mode Incompatible with Existing Track Types"...about to pull out what remaining hair i have left...

Billy

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2002, 02:12:09 pm »

Same exact thing and no info is available to correct!  Anyone know how to fix this?

Alonso N

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2002, 05:48:52 pm »

RST2303, jac74, Billy:

Don't you just love error messages? "track mode incompatible with existing track types." -Sounds like it's trying to burn something different from what was burned already.

I'm not sure exactly what that means in terms of what MJ is really trying to say, but I have some sugestions:

0. Did you read http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/cdburningtips.html

1. List your system info, including OS, etc.  In MJ go to Help/System Info/Copy to Clipboard

2. Most burners come with bundled software, can you burn with that?

3. Did you try with/without the generic driver?

I bought a spindle of cheap ($.15US) blanks to play with because expected to be making coasters until I get the kinks worked out.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2002, 03:41:38 am »

Are all of you running DirectCD? (or WinOnCD or InCD)? If so, try disabling it, put in a fresh CD and see if you get different behavior from MJ.

- John T.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Bartman

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2002, 02:19:45 pm »

Having the same problem, getting the same error message.  Also running XP home. I wonder if this is an XP compatibility issue?????  XP will burn the disc fine.  By the way, here is my system info: 7.7.280

CPU Info:
Number of CPUs: 1
Type: Genuine Intel Pentium 4
Speed: 1494 MHz
MMX Support: YES

Memory Info:
Memory Load: 33%
Total Physical Memory: 523 MB
Free Physical Memory: 350 MB

OS Info:
Type: Microsoft Windows XPVersion: 5.1  (Build 2600)

Misc Info:
Internet Explorer 6.0.2600.000

JANIE

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2002, 03:06:32 am »

I ALSO AM VERY, VERY NEW AT THIS. I TRIED TO BURN MY FIRST CD AND THE ERROR MESSAGE "TRACK MODE INCOMPATIBLE WITH EXISTING TRACK TYPES.  I HAVE ALSO LOOKED THROUGH THE HELP SECTION AND CANNOT DETERMINE WHAT IS WRONG.  CAN ANYONE HELP?

JohnT

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2002, 04:30:28 am »

>> track mode incompatible with existing track types

I'm trying to figure out what the problem is with this error. This is not an MJ generated error, but appears to come from the underlying ASPI layer. I've tried on a couple XP machines here at JRiver, and haven't seen the problem. I did see it once on an NT system here, but since rebooting it never reappeared. A couple questions:

1. Was it definitely a blank cdr disc (not cd/rw) that caused the error? No other writing or formatting had taken place on the disc?

2. Does the error go away if you check the "use generic driver" option in MJ's Settings/Options/CD writer settings?

3. Are you running DirectCD? (or WinOnCD or InCD)?

4. Are you all running MJ version 7? Please cut and paste your system info here (from MJ's Help/System info... option).

One thing to try is to download and install Adaptec's latest aspi software from this link:
http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/drivers_by_product.html?cat=%2fProduct%2fASPI-4.70&prodkey=ASPI-4.70#Microsoft%20Windows%202000
If that helps, please let me know.

Thanks for your help on this,
John T.
JRiver, Inc.

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2002, 04:41:22 am »

Janie,
Please take the caps lock off.  It's considered SHOUTING.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

JANIE

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2002, 05:11:58 am »

Thank you for your responses.....as far as the caps go, I apologize.  Like I had said, I am new at this.  I will send appropriate info out as soon as I can work on my computer again.  Thanks again!

biba

TRACK MODE INCOMPATIBLE WITH EXISTING TRACK TYPES
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2002, 09:40:13 am »

TRACK MODE INCOMPATIBLE WITH EXISTING TRACK TYPES

1.yes, I tried several blank cds.
Was it definitely a blank cdr disc (not cd/rw) that caused the error? No other writing or formatting had taken place on the disc?
2.no
Does the error go away if you check the "use generic driver" option in MJ's Settings/Options/CD writer settings?
3.no
Are you running DirectCD? (or WinOnCD or InCD)?
4. version 7.2.280 Are you all running MJ version 7? Please cut and paste your system info here (from MJ's Help/System info... option).
Performance Test:
Refresh Time: 3405 ms

CPU Info:
Speed: 1296 MHz

Memory Info:
Memory Load: 63%
Total Physical Memory: 261 MB
Free Physical Memory: 96 MB

OS Info:
Type: Microsoft Windows 2000 Workstation
Version: 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)

Misc Info:

Charliann

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2002, 11:24:51 am »

Performance Test:
Refresh Time: 2003 ms

CPU Info:
Speed: 1694 MHz

Memory Info:
The same thing happens to me.  I just went to Adaptec's site and updated the ASPI driver to the latest version, and tested it, and it is installed properly.
I have tried every option one by one, including "use generic driver" and nothing works.  I am able to burn a CD with Easy CD Creator 5, but for a music cd the fastest option it gives me is to burn at 4x...I burned at 8x in Windows ME in both Easy CD Creator 4 and MJ.  I tried setting the write speed to 4x in MJ and that also did not work.

Here are my settings:

Memory Load: 20%
Total Physical Memory: 785 MB
Free Physical Memory: 628 MB

OS Info:
Type: Microsoft Windows XPVersion: 5.1  (Build 2600)

Misc Info:

Janie

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2002, 06:14:17 am »

Thank you for trying to help me with the "Track Mode Incompatible" problem...I have sense returned the burner that i had purchased (LG Electronics) and installed a Phillips....This one worked fine the first time....Thanks again for your help and I just wanted to let you know that I think this web-sight is great for helping with problems.....Good luck to those who are still having this problem.

JohnT

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2002, 06:11:44 am »

Janie-
 Glad the new drive's working for you and thanks for reporting back.

Biba and Charliann-
 Version 7 didn't always switch to the generic driver immediately after selecting it in the settings dialog. Try selecting generic (in cd writer settings), then exit MJ and go back in. Make sure it's still selected and then try burning onto a blank CD. The "track mode incompatible" error really shouldn't appear when using the generic driver on WinXP.

Please let us know how you come out.

charliann

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2002, 02:31:19 am »

I tried switching to the generic driver, exited the program, and restarted.  I checked to make sure the generic driver was still checked, and it was.  I still got
"track mode incompatible with existing track types".

I switched the selection from "audio cd" to "data cd" and it started writing, tho it told me that I had gone over the space limit(in "audio" with 80 minutes selected, there was enough room).  I let it burn and it got almost to the end and then encountered an "unknown error" when it ran out of room.

Is it possible I will have better luck with beta 8 and XP?

Thanks,
Charliann

JohnT

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2002, 09:22:39 am »

It's very possible you would have better luck with version 8. There have been many changes in the CD burning area. Please let us know if you upgrade and the problem goes away (or doesn't).

One thing to try is to reduce the amount of data you're writing to see if that helps. It's possible your media (or drive) can't handle more than 74 minutes even if it claims it can.

Bruce

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2002, 10:56:46 am »

As you know,  I posted the same problem.  My CD drive is an LG 8083..similar to yours, RST2303.   Is yours a HP?  Mine came out of my HP Pavilion Computer, so it says "HP" on it but it's an LG CD-RW CED8083 model.  It used to work, when it was installed in the HP coputer.  On the burn Tool Options, at the bottom under "audio cd options" where the box for "normalize" is,  there are 2 other boxes for add 2 sec between tracks & decode direct to CD:   these 2 boxes are greyed out.  Is that normal?  I cannot enable them.

I did a test record in "data cd" format and it tested ok.  It just will not make audio CDs.

wizard_chef

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2002, 06:22:16 pm »

Have the same problem running MJ 7.2.280 on Windows 2000. Have downloaded the Adeptec ASPI and am using the generic driver. No soap.

There is nothing wrong with the burner. Before I nuked my Easy CD trying to follow advice in thread, I was able to burn an entire audio CD with no problem whatsoever. So, the problem is clearly in MJ.

Any advice from anyone????
Life should be made easier by computers, not harder ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up