INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Followup on "Locate Album" when right clicking on song in Playlist Pane  (Read 880 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe

This is a quick followup to an odd behavior I spotted about 10 builds back or so.

If I go to my tree in MC and expand a Playlist group - let's say Classic Rock - and then highlight a Smartlist there - the songs selected then appear in the right pane. One thing I like to do when the list is displayed - prior to playing anything - is to do a quick tag check. If I notice a date missing or some other data - I will right click on the song with missing data and choose Locate Album. This would take me to the album reference to fix it up.

But a few builds back - I would do this and MC would display nothing in the right pane when selecting Locate Album. Today - I finally figured out what's wrong here - seems the MC requires me to have my standard "album" view highlighted under the Audio area on the tree - before this will work.

If I have a view like Recent Albums highlighted under Audio PRIOR to doing this Locate Album process - nothing appears - since MC cannot find the album I am searching on when I click Locate Album - since it seems to search the "current" view under Audio.

To me - this is very non-intuitive - since a user could have highlighted any view on the tree prior to doing a Locate Album. And will always get a blank result unless a view that actually contains the search result is pre-selected.

Then of course to get a meaningful result - the user has to leave the Playlist edit workflow, click on an Audio View that matters (like Albums) from above - which of course - destroys the Smartlist playlist that was just on screen and start over again.

Would like to see MC allow a user to define specific views in the system so that Search would at least try to use a meaningful dataset to return a result rather than having the user poke around resetting the UI so Search will actually work in this case.

Thoughts?

VP

Pages: [1]   Go Up