INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MadVR and "adding required components" [solved]  (Read 1657 times)

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
MadVR and "adding required components" [solved]
« on: July 28, 2013, 07:13:43 pm »

The problem with "adding required components" for each and every video played has been reported previously. Suggested fixes have included rebooting the modem,turning off anti-virus to allow download (typically without success) and doing a reinstall of MC. SBR also posted about it here also http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80287.msg546298#msg546298 suggesting to remove MadVR system tray icon (if you added it).

Uninstalling and reinstalling  'worked' for me but only because the video renderer reverted back to red October. As soon as I restored to MadVr the problem recurred.

Changing the tray icon for madVr to "show only when playing on local machine" (or exiting alltogether like SBR) seems to have solved the problem (adds components once then good).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MadVR and "adding required components" [solved]
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 07:59:54 pm »

Tray icons have caused a lot of problems like this in the past.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MadVR and "adding required components" [solved]
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 12:24:58 am »

It would be good if MC simply detected this tray icon process and could close it.

Would solve a lot of problems.

I think many of us are using tray icon and enabled network access to configure Madvr from another pc. I need to do this because in Exclusive mode, the dialog boxes and right click menus are a pain to get to. Doing this remotely makes life so much easier and the changes are instant.

I've configured it to only show when madvr is running somewhere on the local network. Still it happens sometimes its running when it requires to update components and it takes me a minute or 2 to realize what is the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up