INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "File Type" Blank after update today  (Read 1262 times)

jctcom

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
"File Type" Blank after update today
« on: August 06, 2013, 12:43:23 am »

Hello.  I think it was after an update today.  Since then all my "File Type" column are showing empty in MC Main view.  I think it is also causing it to create files without an extension during a rename / move operation.  If I go to "Files" option the actual file names have extensions (Except for the 2 albums that were renamed since the update) but still the "File Type" is empty.

This seems to have affected only Audio files.  not video.

Carl.

btw.  The current version on my system is 18.0.212 in case that helps.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: "File Type" Blank after update today
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 04:29:28 am »

I have not installed the latest MC18 build yet, but it might be a good idea to restore a library backup file. The loss of the File Type field values may be caused by some other reason than the version update.

Before doing anything else, create an additional backup file of the current state (File > Library > Back Up Library...). Then restore the last backup file that precedes the program update (File > Library > Restore Library...).

Hopefully that will fix the issue. Keep in mind that you will lose the recent library changes (for example, the two renamed albums that you mentioned will be missing) and the cached thumbnails (these will be recreated automatically on demand during browsing or you can force MC to build them all: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=82344.msg561471;topicseen#msg561471).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jctcom

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 08:10:37 am »

Thank you.  That seems to have done the trick.

And it looks like it may have done a backup automatically just before the upgrade so hopefully I did not lose too many changes.  I became aware of the issue because of the two albums that got renamed, But I am not sure just how much was done besides that before I noticed the issue.  Shouldn't be too much though I guess.

Thanks for your help.

Carl.

jctcom

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 08:16:11 am »

Cool.  Looks like I may not have lost most of my changes after all.  The album that was renamed was listed with the incorrect name(s)/info directly after the restore.  After a few minutes it reverted to the corrected name /info on it's own.   Must have read the new info from the tags.

Carl.
Pages: [1]   Go Up