INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with webgizmo/network library connection [solved]  (Read 2558 times)

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe
Problem with webgizmo/network library connection [solved]
« on: August 06, 2013, 09:39:23 am »

Today (and some times earlier) I have had problems connecting to my MC media server on my home computer from an external device, such as my Android and my office desktop.

WebGizmo gives this message: Library server not found for access key [MY ACCESS KEY]. JRiver MC times out after 3 attempts. My android says "There was a problem connecting to the server etc...".

The server is running, the computer is online and the IP address is correct. Is there some authetication thingy going wrong somewhere?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problem with webgizmo/network library connection
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 09:51:48 am »

Take a look at "Network Access" on our wiki for ideas.

Trumpetguy

Re: Problem with webgizmo/network library connection
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 11:53:16 am »

I did, I it did not help. Point is that I have not done anything in my setup other than upgrading from 18.0.202 to 211 recently. Turning off Windows firewall did not help. Other programs, such as Teamviewer, get remote access as normal.

I now have reset the access key, and Webgizmo is now working from "Inside my network", but not from outside or my phone. It may be something on my router. I'll cycle power, check settings and report back.

Trumpetguy

Re: Problem with webgizmo/network library connection [solved]
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 01:51:07 pm »

Sigh...and blush.  :-[

Somehow I had managed to plug the ethernet cable into the wrong network adapter, and the LAN IP changed. Switched back, got my fixed IPCONFIG back and everything works.

So - in the first post I hypothesized that nothing had changed. It had. I need to be less certain.
Pages: [1]   Go Up