INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo Albums List Style  (Read 1541 times)

Mozart123

Gizmo Albums List Style
« on: August 08, 2013, 01:06:37 am »

Hi,

I am new to using JRiver but so far I love it. I listen mostly to classical music, and use JRiver for audio only. I ripped a small part of my library so far (about 300 CDs) and as some of you may know most classical CDs do not come up nice using the automatic web based databases. So far only about 10% of my CDs actually have the cover-art (maybe I am doing something wrong?). However, I have the music nicely organized by composer (Artist tag for me), Conductor, etc.. So viewing my library in Details list style works great for me.

So to my question, is there anyway to configure Gizmo to present the library in Detail mode? If not, do you have any suggestion that can make it easier for me to view the music, given the fact that album art is practically non-existent, and the it takes more text than Gizmo presently shows (only two or so words) for me to identify the CDs?

Thank you in advance for your help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gizmo Albums List Style
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 06:42:09 am »

Welcome to the forum.  There is a classical music topic on our wiki. 

There are no "standard" ways to tag classical music, so it makes lookup of cover art a problem.

You can add cover art manually.  Either by scanning or by searching the Internet and using copy and paste.

struct

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Re: Gizmo Albums List Style
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 03:02:41 pm »

I found musicbrainz quite good.  I have enogh classical to want it well sorted but not that interested that I can come up with my own cataloging system.   So I was happy to use music picard to do my naming and get coverart.  Although not perfect it was better than I could do myself.  I found it 90-95% successful whereas yadb was sub 50%.

I would suggest you alzo get the lastfm plugin if you have some non classical music.  It is all free.

Craig
Pages: [1]   Go Up