INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Context Menus  (Read 2787 times)

BenKenobi

Context Menus
« on: August 08, 2013, 08:15:49 am »

Simple enough you would think but sometimes the context menus in Windows 7 work (W7 enterprise 64 bit) but mostly they don't.

Select a block of say 16 mp3 files and right click - there is no 'Play in Media Center' and no 'add to media centre playlist' (but I've never seen this anyhow)

Select a single mp3 and right click and you get 'Play in Media Center' ..

I want the same behaviour from media center that I get from Windows Media Player (which I have unregistered and disabled its context handlers)

I do not want to use the library all the time, simply select a folder or group of folders and select 'Play in Media Center' would be nice too (like VLC)

I can find nothing in the options menu of media centre to 'enable' or manage such features.

I can do this using 'open' but then the player totally disregards the correct play order i.e. it plays track 5 before track 1 - which is a problem with themed albums such as those Pink Floyd or The Orb (to name only two bands that do this. Then you have concerts and live albums that it totally messes up.

Did I miss something ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Context Menus
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 08:22:47 am »

In MC's options, under General, turn on "Shell Integration".  You may have to reboot.

BenKenobi

Re: Context Menus
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 08:48:23 am »

Thank you ... so many menus and sub menu's - had to restart and now have a whole Media Center folder on the context menu - still can't play a folder from the drive mind - and media player has re-instated itself ... sneaky POS.
Pages: [1]   Go Up