INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Upgrade to MC19 -- Any Questions?  (Read 74687 times)

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Upgrade Problems and Questions
« Reply #150 on: November 07, 2013, 04:11:21 am »

~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

tua.eppas

• Recent member
« Reply #151 on: November 16, 2013, 07:02:48 am »

Hello! I hope that this is the right place to put in some questions for help. I have a problem with playing FLACs with MC 19. I'm using MC 17 on Win 8.0 and did an upgrade with MC 19. Both versions are still installed in parallel. MC 17 still plays perfect.

When i play my FLACs with MC 19 i often have some strange and ugly noise and scratches while listening. This happens unpredictable with the same file on different positions or sometimes not. I realy can't use MC 19. It's impossible to use it for playing music. I'm very sad about that. The good thing is that MC 17 is still running perfect with alle the FLACs. The FLACs are OK, never had any problems!! But I have bought MC 19 and I want to use it.

Can anyone give me some advice or help me. (you can also answer in German)
Thank' a lot ...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #152 on: November 16, 2013, 07:54:43 am »

I'll move this to a new thread.  Set up your audio again.  Try Direct Sound first.  If that works, continue, and post in the new thread what you find.

WASAPI terminology changed.  It defaults to Event Style now and some devices don't handle it well.  You can check the option called "Disable Event Style".

Buffer size may also be a factor.  Smaller may be better.

Look to see how you have MC17 audio set.

jorvik

Unable to purchase MC19 upgrade
« Reply #153 on: November 18, 2013, 09:02:01 am »

I've tried several times this morning to purchase an M19 upgrade license, but can never get past the billing information page. All the information I enter is correct, credit card is valid, etc., but I continue to get the following error message:

"There is a problem with your information. Please check and try again.
Important: Your e-mail and password will be needed to restore, so please enter a valid e-mail address and a password you can remember."

I've tried two different credit cards, several different passwords of various lengths, with or without uppercase, lowercase, numbers, symbols, etc. Nothing works. Is there a number I can call for technical support?

Thanks,
Eric

sumankumaar

« Reply #154 on: November 18, 2013, 09:08:46 am »

Sir, I am new to JRiver Media center. I recently used it 30 days trial version and I really fall in love with it. Now I want to own this amazing app for my windows 8.1 powered pc. But I have some issue , I Belongs to poor family and I am a student I have not that much financial resources as is required to purchase this application. If you grant me any special purchase discount like between $22.99- $29.99 I may be able to purchase this application. Thank you please pay Attention to my request. I will be thankful for your kindness and support.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #155 on: November 18, 2013, 09:12:14 am »

jorvik,
I see six attempts, but they were denied by the processor.  You will need to contact your bank to ask for a reason.  We don't receive any information.

torpadal

• Recent member
« Reply #156 on: November 18, 2013, 09:30:40 am »

hi, I just tried to upgrade from MC 17 to MC19 but when I clicked the Registration Code link I got an MC error message (Error restoring Media Center License: Unknown error), see attachment. What am I doing wrong?

jslinnha

« Reply #157 on: November 18, 2013, 09:32:38 am »

Hi

originally posted as a separate topic - now removed, sorry first post :)

I upgraded MC19 on the weekend.  It was crashing every time i start to play a file.  Have seen the bug fixes around crashes when playing 2 linked zones

19.0.68 (11/1/2013)

1. Fixed: Starting playback in linked zones could crash in rare cases when using WASAPI.

I have now upgraded to 19.0.74 and the files play in a single zone, but stop (but don't crash) playback when linking 2 zones.

I only use JRiver for Audio, and have 2 zones configured, with 2x USB DACs.

Logs attached

Any Ideas

Many thanks
Jon

jorvik

« Reply #158 on: November 18, 2013, 09:37:18 am »

jorvik,
I see six attempts, but they were denied by the processor.  You will need to contact your bank to ask for a reason.  We don't receive any information.

Sorted. Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: November 18, 2013, 09:38:19 am »

hi, I just tried to upgrade from MC 17 to MC19 but when I clicked the Registration Code link I got an MC error message (Error restoring Media Center License: Unknown error), see attachment. What am I doing wrong?
You may need to install MC19.  The license won't do that for you.  More here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

torpadal

• Recent member
« Reply #160 on: November 18, 2013, 10:14:51 am »

You may need to install MC19.  The license won't do that for you.  More here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License
Thanks for a quick reply. I downloaded and installed MC19 but none of my settings from MC7 seems to have been included. Do I havv to set it up manually or is there a way to reuse my settings from MC17?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #161 on: November 18, 2013, 10:56:32 am »

Thanks for a quick reply. I downloaded and installed MC19 but none of my settings from MC7 seems to have been included. Do I havv to set it up manually or is there a way to reuse my settings from MC17?
Try restoring a backup from MC17.  MC makes them automatically.  You can choose to restore you settings too.

tuner94

« Reply #162 on: November 18, 2013, 12:26:01 pm »

hi, need some help..downloaded jr 19 upgrade. i currently have jr 17..it won,t install, i right click on the mjr file..open with..jr package installer and it keeps telling me unknown error. if someone can help it would be very much appreciated...thank you

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #163 on: November 18, 2013, 01:57:13 pm »

An mjr file is the Install Key.  It isn't the program.  Download and install MC19 first, then click on the Install Key.

JoeC16

« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2013, 05:34:37 pm »

I am not prompted to Rip when I put in a CD and there is no topic: CD and DVD under Tools/Options.  Does not rip CDs. I'm on an iMac. Trying out Media Center 19. Thanks.

Thanks.

JoeC16

« Reply #165 on: November 19, 2013, 05:39:16 pm »

Also, sometimes I will click on Media Center and a window from another program will appear. As I keep clicking, more windows appear.  The only way to solve this is to quit Media Center and reopen.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #166 on: November 19, 2013, 05:40:29 pm »

Make sure you're trying to open the MediaCenter exe file and not the mjr file.  What program opens?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #167 on: November 19, 2013, 05:41:50 pm »

I am not prompted to Rip when I put in a CD and there is no topic: CD and DVD under Tools/Options.  Does not rip CDs. I'm on an iMac. Trying out Media Center 19. Thanks.

There is no ripping or burning in the Mac version yet.  For problems, please post on the Mac board in an appropriate topic.

JoeC16

« Reply #168 on: November 19, 2013, 05:44:47 pm »

When do you anticipate there will be?

agelessgoodguy

• Recent member
« Reply #169 on: December 01, 2013, 04:13:26 am »

I have a couple of questions and a problem if you can help me it would be appreciated, thank you.

1/ I brought Media centre 18 on the 7/14/2013, then brought the early update for media centre 19 then brought the new version of Media 19 (currently running 19.082) Have i got some credits now as reading on here I should have been able to upgrade 18-19 for free instead its cost be alot more? 

2/ The reason I wanted to upgrade was because when I ask the library to update iteself the program crashed. Thinking the new version 19 would be the quick cure I brout and installed it but I'm still getting crashes. The only way I get my files upgreded is by stopping and starting the program itself as its set to update automatically.

PC is running XPpro Sp3, 2GB of RAM, Pentium 4 running at 3 GhZ.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #170 on: December 01, 2013, 06:07:09 am »

We've found several corrupt files that caused MC to crash, so please download the latest  build from the top of this board and try again.

agelessgoodguy

• Recent member
« Reply #171 on: December 02, 2013, 01:54:44 am »

We've found several corrupt files that caused MC to crash, so please download the latest  build from the top of this board and try again.

I've now installed the 19.0.67 version that seems to fix the issue thank you Jim but what of my first question??

rh31060

• Recent member
« Reply #172 on: December 06, 2013, 01:41:38 pm »

Jim,
I think I purchased media Center prior to July1 st ( I think). Why if I am already a loyal user I have to purchase again? Why can't I be upgraded since I already own a license?

AussieMark

• Recent member
« Reply #173 on: December 07, 2013, 12:56:20 pm »

Greetings,

I have searched for the answer but have been unable to find it thus far, hence this post.

I purchased JRiver during the latter half of July and can run MC18 no problem.  Tonight I downloaded MC 19.0.067 and I can see the music and video libraries, music plays no problem but when I try and play a movie a message is displayed that the system is searching for additional components.  After sometime an error is shown saying that the program was unable to download LAV Splitter filter. 

I have a strong wifi connection and used it to download the upgrade so I do not think that would an issue and permissions wise I do not think it should be an issue, is there any other areas I can check.

When installing MC19 I did select all formats instead of the default.

Love the product and hence why I wanted the upgrade, look forward to any advice.  BTW this is on a dedicated HTPC used strictly for JRiver.

Cheers
Mark

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: December 07, 2013, 01:45:15 pm »

Welcome and thanks.

Your firewall may be blocking MC, but first install the latest build.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=85733.0

AussieMark

• Recent member
« Reply #175 on: December 07, 2013, 10:32:27 pm »

Hi There

Well I downloaded the latest per the above and also switched off the firewall.  Still get the same "adding compnents" message and then a pop up messages saying unable to download LAV Splitter Filter check connection or permission.

I believe I have everything correct, but clearly something is wrong.  BTW MC18 works fine.

Not sure what I should do at this stage.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Mark

rh31060

• Recent member
« Reply #176 on: December 08, 2013, 02:04:23 pm »

JimH
I brought the upgrade and installed, none of my many DSP's were imported. Does this mean I have to install all them from all over again?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #177 on: December 08, 2013, 02:21:36 pm »

Try restoring a backup from MC18.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #178 on: December 08, 2013, 08:28:21 pm »

Not sure what I should do at this stage.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

It is possible that it is a file permissions issue with the directory MC uses to download LAV and MadVR.  I'm not sure where this is, though I'd guess in the AppData directory.

I'd try:

1. Make a backup of your MC19 Library (this will contain the entire database and settings for MC).
2. Uninstall MC completely.
3. REBOOT.  Don't skip this because you are lazy.
4. Navigate to this folder in Windows Explorer: C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\J River
5. Move the Media Center 19 folder somewhere else (like to your Desktop).  Just make sure it is completely gone from that directory.
6. Reinstall MC using the current build from the "sticky post" at the top of this forum.
7. Restore the backup you made in step 1.
8. Make sure your computer is online and try to play a video.

If that works, and you're sure nothing is missing, you can delete the Media Center 19 folder you moved to your Desktop (or wherever).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

AussieMark

• Recent member
« Reply #179 on: December 10, 2013, 10:02:50 am »

Thanks I will give that a go.  Do I need to do anything with MC18 as that is still on and working as normal. Or do I just need to do as you have indicated and see.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Mark

Marshall

« Reply #180 on: December 16, 2013, 05:45:04 pm »

Can not unistall MC18 , nothing happen.

Can not install MC190091. Information
 JRTools busyby other program, reinstall program. Have reinstalled but same message?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #181 on: December 16, 2013, 06:10:34 pm »

Rebooting might help.

Try installing 18.0.212 (See Old Versions on the Wiki).  Run it, then uninstall it.

swinster

• World Citizen
« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2013, 12:21:16 pm »

Hey all,

Have you guys got a set of instructions that relate to upgrading MC from one machine to a new PC?

Currently, my mother uses MC18 on a very old PC running Win XP. I have set up a new machine running Windows 8.1 and installed a fresh copy of MC19. The machines, at this point in time are in physically different locations, but I hope to ship the new PC to her tomorrow. I know I'm going to have to remote in to the units and try to copy the music across, but of course, we have setup specific views and tags for her so I need to get all the setting form the old machine onto the new one. What is the best strategy to achieve this?

Of course, at the moment, MC19 wants to auto import as I start it, so ofr the time being I just cancel this.

Cheers

Chris

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2013, 12:58:06 pm »

If the machines and the media are configured similarly, you might be able to make a backup from MC on one and restore it on the other.  Depending on the backup version, you may also be able to restore your settings at the same time.

The wiki has a topic called "Moving Files" that may help.

swinster

• World Citizen
« Reply #184 on: December 18, 2013, 02:22:03 pm »

If the machines and the media are configured similarly, you might be able to make a backup from MC on one and restore it on the other.  Depending on the backup version, you may also be able to restore your settings at the same time.

The wiki has a topic called "Moving Files" that may help.

Thanks Jim. I'll check it out on my own system.

BTW - also with regard to upgrades, last night I purchased MC19 on my own system and upgraded. Whilst the server went without a hitch, the clients (that are generally connected to the server on start-up, but also have their own local libraries) failed to upgrade properly. I had to uninstall MC19, open MC18, attach to the local library, then re-install MC19. Its a shame that the server connections aren't also pulled across during and upgrade.

Marshall

Can not unstall MC19.0.67 and install MC19.0.91
« Reply #185 on: December 21, 2013, 12:29:56 pm »

Tried to install MC19.0.91 but JRTools.dll file says to be busy and can not be used.

After tride to update I can not now uninstall MC19.0.67 either or

use the MC19.0.67 now either, and the same reason. JRTools is busy.

Restarted the computer but same problems.

What to do ?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #186 on: December 21, 2013, 02:34:58 pm »

I don't know the answer, but an antivirus program might cause something like this.  Try uninstalling it.

rhkrhk

• World Citizen
« Reply #187 on: December 25, 2013, 04:59:11 pm »

I'm currently running 19.0.67     Several messages on the forum board suggest current version is at least 19.0.91 - but help/upgrade tells me 67 is current version.   Please advise

thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #188 on: December 25, 2013, 05:43:38 pm »

« Reply #189 on: December 25, 2013, 06:49:44 pm »

Perhaps if someone manually initiates an update check, which would typically be if they are having problems in the current build and have been directed to update by someone on the forum, Media Center should automatically pull the Latest version even if they are currently on the Stable branch.

This seems to have been a source of confusion for a number of people recently.

Eeeeen

Re: How to Upgrade to MC19 -- Any Questions?
« Reply #190 on: January 22, 2014, 08:45:01 am »

Answered myself.

gomer01

« Reply #191 on: January 23, 2014, 05:33:40 pm »

Hi, 
I previously ran MC17 but recently lost this due to a an issue with my laptop which required the hard drive to be wiped and Windows re-installed.
I have tried to recover my license registration code on the Restore Page but it does not recognise my email address, despite my still receiving JRiver  emails at that address and it being the one I used to register.

However, my question is this:  it would make sense to take the opportunity to upgrade to MC19, but I understand that without MC17 installed I will have to pay a full software purchase fee rather than the usual upgrade fee. Going thru the process of (somehow) recovering MC17 to only then upgrade to MC seems rather time consuming.

Can you please advise?

Rgds

chrisnoth

« Reply #192 on: January 23, 2014, 07:00:24 pm »

I purchased the upgrade in November 2013 but am only listing MC12 and MC13 being licensed to me at this time. Please let me know what I need to do.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #193 on: January 23, 2014, 07:55:40 pm »

It was purchased under a house at address.

randycw

• Recent member
Trying to upgrade from MC15
« Reply #194 on: January 25, 2014, 11:52:04 pm »

It is indeed time for me to update MC, but I am having trouble.  When I have MC15 check for updates, it finds MC17 for $27.  I download it, install it, and click purchase.  It launches a page for MC18 and I get caught in a loop of being unable to purchase. 

I, then, tried just going to MC19 and was going to buy it outright (rather than upgrade), but the fresh install loses all of my smart playlists and zone settings.  Thus far I am stuck with MC15 until I can sort out the upgrade path.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #195 on: January 26, 2014, 12:46:26 am »

Three things,
1) MC19:  I take it you have this installed already (in trial mode).
2) Upgrade Licence: As per the OP in this thread go to this page - http://jriver.com/purchase_19_as_upgrade.html to get an MC19 Licence for the upgrade price.  You will then get the Licence File and when you run it MC19 will then no longer be in Trial Mode.
3) Migrating from MC15--> MC19.  Now this part I don't know about as I can not remember at what point the Settings Migration was introduced.  I'm sure others can help on this bit!
JRiver CEO Elect

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #196 on: January 26, 2014, 07:23:20 am »

Download and install MC19.  Using it, restore your MC15 license.

Settings won't transfer, but you could leave MC15 installed and open the settings so you can see what you did and enter it in MC19.

I think that settings from MC17 and above are transferred.

randycw

• Recent member
« Reply #197 on: January 26, 2014, 09:41:17 am »

Settings won't transfer, but you could leave MC15 installed and open the settings so you can see what you did and enter it in MC19.

Bummer.  Looks like I'm in for a bit a tedium over the next few days.
Thank you for the responses.

I think I'll work on the computer upgrade first and then work toward the MC upgrades.

gomer01

« Reply #198 on: March 22, 2014, 05:45:57 pm »

Any obvious solutions to this frustrating problem:
when I try to upgrade from 17 to 19 the button to confirm the upgrade and authorise payment only results in the screen reverting to the upgrade details page (where credit card and address details are inserted), repeatedly requiring me to re-insert my email address.

I am now using a different email address and physical address from when I bought MC17....is this likely to be causing the problem?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #199 on: March 22, 2014, 06:14:47 pm »

Sorry for the problem.  What version of MC19 do you have installed?

Are you purchasing from the Help menu in the program?

Sometimes "security" software can cause problems.  Antivirus, firewall, pop-up blocker...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up