INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Upgrade to MC19 -- Any Questions?  (Read 74689 times)

shane55

• Recent member
Re: Upgrade Problems and Questions
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2013, 01:27:32 pm »

If this has been posted / asked before, please point me to the thread... thanks.

When I open SoundForge Pro 11, MediaCenter opens automatically. MC opens whether I open SF11 from a shortcut or the exe. This never happened with 18.

Any idea why this is happening? When I open MC only, SoundForge does not open.

Also, I've installed, and reinstalled so many times trying to correct the issue, I'm running out of install key restores! Help!

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2013, 01:29:56 pm »

Odd problem.

In MC's filetypes, make sure you're not playing exe files.

We can reset your restore if you'll let me know the address.  I'm jimh at jriver.

Mike45

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2013, 01:56:59 am »

Hi, when I try to install the permanent Rigistration Code, I get the following:
There was a problem restoring the license
Error details:
There was a problem communicationg with the license server

Please help
Thanks
Mike45

keithsonic

• Recent member
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2013, 07:27:38 am »

DLNA Sound Level
I am streaming to renderer using Gizmo from v19.29 and volume is about 50% of level of v18. Turning up the volume doesn't seem to help as sound is just very thin. I have checked all settings are consistent even things like volume slider that should not make a difference.
Any suggestions?
Keith

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2013, 07:42:51 am »

That was fixed in 19.0.31, available on this board.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2013, 07:45:49 am »

Hi, when I try to install the permanent Rigistration Code, I get the following:
There was a problem restoring the license
Error details:
There was a problem communicationg with the license server
The license server is working.  It's possible there is a firewall problem on your machine, but make sure you have the correct version of MC installed.  It must match the license.  More here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

gabeg

• World Citizen
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2013, 07:17:28 am »

Since upgrading to 19 my library keeps re-importing things i've deleted.   Even since upgrading, when i delete something, the next time I restart it ends up re-importing.

Any suggestions?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2013, 07:07:47 pm »

Since upgrading to 19 my library keeps re-importing things i've deleted.   Even since upgrading, when i delete something, the next time I restart it ends up re-importing.

Any suggestions?

Double-check the auto-import option to 'Ignore files previously removed from library'.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Shawky

« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2013, 06:24:41 am »

Hi
I purchased V19 license yonks ago and just upgraded MC today. MC19 was running fine during the day but MC18 opened up in parallel when I selected a JPG file. This triggered me to uninstall MC18. The minor issue is that the uninstall reset my license on MC19 and required use of one of my activations. A bit disappointing, though a minor issue, as I trust I would be allowed a 13th activation in 12 months if need be. The previous MC upgrade did the same thing

Regarding the association, MC18 was default for jpg, but MC19 was not (I did deselect images/pictures during install so it does make sense), so this is probably OK.

Great product. Thanks

I have had trouble getting the remote control to work seemlessly on my Media Centre, so it remains on MS MC. Time is too short to sort it out. We use MC18 for better audio output for music. Maybe MC19 will just work for me when I upgrade the media centre..touch wood.

a2x024

« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2013, 08:26:25 am »

I recently did a full reinstallation of Windows 7, which started me with an essentially clean slate but did create a directory called something like "Windows Old".  In there are my old Program Files including a J River 18 folder but I cannot run any of the programs in this folder.  After the reinstallation of Windows, I installed J River 19 but have none of my old settings.  I would really like to transfer the parametric EQ settings I was using in J River 18 over to J River 19- does anybody know if there is a particular file in the J River 18 folder that I could copy over would do that?  Or, is there another way this could be accomplished that does not involve running J River 18?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2013, 08:47:52 am »

If you have a backup of your MC18 library you can restore it in MC19.  MC makes them automatically.

maid

« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2013, 07:57:58 pm »

I have just upgraded to 19.

I usually use Wasapi I use bitstreaming but I have tried both Wasapi options and get no sound.

If I use Default Audio Direct Sound it works.

Please advise..
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

maid

« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2013, 09:19:37 pm »

Help anyone trying to fix for tonight.
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

appdevman

« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2013, 11:48:51 pm »

I just installed v19 on one of my pc's downstairs and used the key generated 7/21, I kept the transaction notes.   I then got an email saying I 'restored' and had 9 left for the year.    How is this 'restoring'?  This was just an initial install and license of v19. 

I'd like to confirm what this "9 left" means exactly.  I wont be asked for more money if the number runs down, will I?  If so, I'd like to now how a new install is a 'restore', resulting in the number decrementing.

I like v19 so far, no bugs to report.

I can't get v18 to unistall, via windows or directly invoking the EXE in the app's directory.  I presume it must go?

thx!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2013, 06:57:54 am »

Install the latest MC18 and MC19.  Then uninstalling MC18 should work.

If you run out of restores, we can reset them.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2013, 07:01:53 am »

I have just upgraded to 19.

I usually use Wasapi I use bitstreaming but I have tried both Wasapi options and get no sound.

If I use Default Audio Direct Sound it works.

Please advise..
You could start a thread for this.  It's probably just a setup problem.  Try the wiki on bitstreaming setup.  Make sure nothing else has "exclusive" use of WASAPI. 

DavidZ

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2013, 03:42:37 pm »

Hi -- I did a fresh import of my library when I upgraded from 18 to 19. I made a number of changes to the files, so I thought re-importing made more sense. Everything went smoothly except for one hiccup --- MC rejected 52 (out of about 15000) files because the names were too long. Those names are easy enough to shorten -- if I knew which ones they were. Poring over the 15000 to find them sounds like no fun. If there is a Windows utility that ranks the files by name size, that sounds like it would do the trick. Or are some tricks in MC to help? Thanks.

BTW, I've been using MC for a  couple of months now, and want to tip my hat to the folks at JRiver. This is an awesome program.  :D I don't think you can fully appreciate it unless you've struggled with iTunes. The import function that took a couple of minutes in MC basically took forever in itunes. I'm only starting to understand how elegant and powerful its features are. Thanks for you patience with newbies like me -- David

wawaron

• Recent member
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2013, 02:02:19 pm »

I own MC 18 and purchased MC 19. I think I may have gone to the wrong site to download the new MC 19 version. It does not recognize my new code. I went to the download page for MC19. What must I do now to get MC 19 installed properly. The new MC 19 is telling me I have 30 days to try out MC 19. Please help.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2013, 02:36:45 pm »

You probably need to install your license.   The wiki has a topic called Upgrade Questions.

niws

• Recent member
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2013, 08:40:06 pm »

I am a happy owner of MC17 and wish to upgrade to MC19.  I thought I was purchasing the upgrade when clicking on the link for the latest build, but ended up with a free trial version.
So now I have both MC17 and the trial version of MC19.
What is the easiest way to end up with just the purchased version of MC19?
Should I just go ahead and purchase the MC19 upgrade and will I then be able to install it?
Do I have to then uninstall MC 17 after MC 19 is installed?
I noticed my playlists are not accessible on the trial version on MC 19.  Is this because it is a trial version?
Apologies if these questions are already answered somewhere, but I looked around first before posting.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2013, 09:15:58 pm »

niws

• Recent member
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2013, 07:40:55 am »

Thx, I did read that page before ordering.  I elected to download the latest build and ended up with the trial version. In hindsight this is probably for the best, as I will spend some time with the trial version to make sure it is what I want.  I am a little concerned because the trial version did not recognize my playlists and a few of the tags on some tracks.

DavidZ

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2013, 07:26:10 pm »

Hi -- I did a fresh import of my library when I upgraded from 18 to 19. I made a number of changes to the files, so I thought re-importing made more sense. Everything went smoothly except for one hiccup --- MC rejected 52 (out of about 15000) files because the names were too long. Those names are easy enough to shorten -- if I knew which ones they were. Poring over the 15000 to find them sounds like no fun. If there is a Windows utility that ranks the files by name size, that sounds like it would do the trick. Or are some tricks in MC to help? Thanks.  --David

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2013, 08:38:48 pm »

Hi -- I did a fresh import of my library when I upgraded from 18 to 19. I made a number of changes to the files, so I thought re-importing made more sense. Everything went smoothly except for one hiccup --- MC rejected 52 (out of about 15000) files because the names were too long. Those names are easy enough to shorten -- if I knew which ones they were. Poring over the 15000 to find them sounds like no fun. If there is a Windows utility that ranks the files by name size, that sounds like it would do the trick. Or are some tricks in MC to help? Thanks.  --David

Try a trial version of Directory Opus.  You can go into Flat View and add the column Path Length and sort by it.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

DavidZ

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2013, 08:01:35 am »

Super, thanks!

rnadell

• Recent member
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2013, 08:19:01 am »

Ok, I downloaded the trial version of 19 and then purchased it. Do I need to
activate or what? The pop up saying that I have so many days continues to
pop up when I log on. thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2013, 08:24:46 am »

captndan

« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2013, 03:50:05 pm »

I am fairly new to J River MC, I was running 18 for a couple weeks before I installed 19 last night.Since installing 19 On two occasions my audio went to MUTE and I could not get it to Un-mute. I had to shutdown Media Player and restart. Upon restart the Audio worked again. I am running WASAPI out through HDMI

Bernt

• Recent member
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2013, 04:14:14 am »

When I try to upgrade I get this:

I run W7 64 bit. Suggestions?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2013, 07:26:00 am »

Try rebooting first.

Bernt

• Recent member
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2013, 10:42:16 am »

Ok, I will try that next time I upgrade.

sillibil

• Recent member
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2013, 03:50:16 am »

I got a problem, has a MC 17 license, bought a MC 19 license not from within MC 17 but a bought it by a link from a Email I got, date of buying July 30 with creditcard.

Have never got a new License code to activate MC 19. Now i made a complete new install of Win 8 and like to try MC 19, when installed it's a trial version what should I do to get it licensed, I got my MC 17 key that's not the problem. Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2013, 07:28:55 am »

You need to enter your license on the Restore Page:

sillibil

• Recent member
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2013, 11:23:56 am »

Is not working.
" Your license file is not valid for Media Center.
Do you want to purchase an upgrade? "
Everytime the same message

" There was a problem restoring the license- Error details:
There was a problem communicating with the license server.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2013, 11:29:36 am »

Does your license match the version?  A Windows license won't work with Mac and vice versa.

sillibil

• Recent member
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2013, 01:08:58 pm »

Yes it's Windows, I made a new install Win 8, MC 17 is oke and licensed, but MC 19 don't take the license.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2013, 03:46:40 pm »

Please read this link carefully:

Then, if it still isn't working, tell us exactly what you've done, and exactly what happens.

Don't post your license.

sillibil

• Recent member
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2013, 04:26:37 pm »

Still not valid.
I got two computers, one HTPC and one in my home-office.
I rebuild my HTPC , different Hardware, installed Win 8 on SSD, so first I installed MC 17 again and restored it with my key, accepted no problems.
Than i would like to try MC 19, I bought a key July 30 , used the latest mail with key you send me downloaded MC 19 from your website and installed it  when I enter my Registration code ( the Permanent code) it says not valid for this version of MC. I think the problem is the key is not valid for MC 19 only for MC 17. So I want to upgrade to MC 19, but that regristation code is not working on MC 19, that's what MC 19 says.

sillibil

• Recent member
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2013, 04:33:33 pm »

The mails mentioned always restore key for MC 17 not MC 19

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2013, 05:29:00 pm »

You have an MC17 license and an MC19 license.  You must use the license that corresponds to the version of the software.

I've just e-mailed you your licenses.

In the instructions, it also tells you to use copy and paste to avoid typos.

ken1maeda

• Recent member
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2013, 03:37:59 am »

I have finished upgrading to MC19, but I can still view MC18.  I wonder if and how I can delete MC18. 
May I just execute "Uninstall Media Center 18" *AFTER* I install Media Center 19?

-- Ken

sillibil

• Recent member
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2013, 05:50:08 am »

Thanks, everything working now.

nitephlight

• World Citizen
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2013, 07:09:09 pm »

just upgraded from 18 to 19, just wanted to point out an issue that perhaps isn't a huge deal but could be confusing?

note the screenshot, i have installed to D:\Program Files\

however, when Start Menu shortcuts are created, it is defaulting to C:\Program Files (x86)

? - I have changed the default path in Windows registry for my own convenience when installing progs, for some reason MC is choosing to install to Program Files rather than Program Files (x86) as other applications default to (but just to confirm, is Media Center 19 is 64bit?). I have manually updated the shortcuts, but this should not cause any other issues right?

thx a bunch!

« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2013, 06:58:46 am »

just upgraded from 18 to 19, just wanted to point out an issue that perhaps isn't a huge deal but could be confusing?

note the screenshot, i have installed to D:\Program Files\
however, when Start Menu shortcuts are created, it is defaulting to C:\Program Files (x86)

? - I have changed the default path in Windows registry for my own convenience when installing progs, for some reason MC is choosing to install to Program Files rather than Program Files (x86) as other applications default to (but just to confirm, is Media Center 19 is 64bit?). I have manually updated the shortcuts, but this should not cause any other issues right?
While this does need to be fixed (the shortcuts should follow where you have installed it) 32-bit applications should be installed to the Program Files (x86) directory.

nitephlight

• World Citizen
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2013, 10:01:26 pm »

While this does need to be fixed (the shortcuts should follow where you have installed it) 32-bit applications should be installed to the Program Files (x86) directory.

thanks for the response- i'd agree, will do a full reinstall eventually (though no reported problems as of yet).

fabsab

• Recent member
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2013, 02:34:13 pm »

Hello,
I have both jriver 18 and 19 installed now, however I cannot get jriver19 to work with the open live, linein option. Curiously, with exactly the same settings, linein works fine in jriver18. With jriver19 I always get the same 'something went wrong with playback' message. Apart from this jriver19 seems to work fine. Any idea how to fix this?

Many thanks,
Fabio

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2013, 09:26:23 am »

Hello,
I have both jriver 18 and 19 installed now, however I cannot get jriver19 to work with the open live, linein option. Curiously, with exactly the same settings, linein works fine in jriver18. With jriver19 I always get the same 'something went wrong with playback' message. Apart from this jriver19 seems to work fine. Any idea how to fix this?

Many thanks,
Fabio

This should be fixed in 19.0.43 and newer (available now at the top of this board).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rhkrhk

• World Citizen
Re: Upgrade Problems and Questions - license
« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2013, 10:12:14 pm »

I DID buy MC 19.  The message to which i'm responding says MC 19 will find the license - but it wont.
If it's the same license for MC 18, where can I find it?
thanks
roger kaye

SRIGGA

• Recent member
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2013, 06:36:10 am »

JRiver Media Center 19.0.45 Every Time I'm Trying to import my video,audio Files JRiver Crash, It Only Happens in     
JRiver Media Center 19.0.45 now I'm using jriver 19.0.41 again, Can Someone Please Help Me How To Fix The Crashing Problem In JRiver MC 19.0.45?

audio2addict

• Recent member
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2013, 04:38:10 pm »

I am  current on 19.032 but about halfway through an album MC19 stops working and I have to close it.  This just happened again after receiving your latest email that Media Center 19 is the recommended daily player. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up