INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using PowerDVD Features in JRiver  (Read 14619 times)

Stream_HD

• Junior Woodchuck
Using PowerDVD Features in JRiver
« on: September 09, 2013, 09:11:35 am »

I read that JRiver will use PowerDVD or other various competitor features when they are installed along side of JRiver.  Does this mean, that I can install PowerDVD or Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre and use features such as 3D playback within JRiver?

I am interested in using JRiver Audio Engine etc (decoding, speaker setup etc.) but I know that natively JRiver doesn't support 3D Blu Ray and I am looking for a permanent solution.  Is this possible, or would I simply just need to run PowerDVD in stand alone mode during 3D Blu Ray movies and forget about JRiver completely?

Thanks!
Windows 10 Enterprise on Samsung SSD
16GB RAM
AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor (3.30GHZ)
GeForce NVIDA 1650 SUPER 4GB Video Card
Seagate EXOS 16TB Enterprise Drive for Movies
Pioneer Internal Blu Ray Burner/Drive
Exasound e28 DAC / ASIO Soundcard

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Using PowerDVD Features in JRiver
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 10:23:07 am »

I read that JRiver will use PowerDVD or other various competitor features when they are installed along side of JRiver.  Does this mean, that I can install PowerDVD or Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre and use features such as 3D playback within JRiver?
No.  You can use MC to start another player.

Stream_HD

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 10:28:26 am »

Thanks, is there a wiki or instructions how to do this?  Because I am just learning my DAC driver is ASIO only, and that PowerDVD doesn't support ASIO.  However JRiver doesn't support Blu Ray 3D.  So my only option is if I can successfully use the 3D options of PowerDVD within JRiver somehow, and have JRiver output to my ASIO driver.

Thanks.
16GB RAM

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 02:47:17 pm »

Thanks, is there a wiki or instructions how to do this?  Because I am just learning my DAC driver is ASIO only, and that PowerDVD doesn't support ASIO.  However JRiver doesn't support Blu Ray 3D.  So my only option is if I can successfully use the 3D options of PowerDVD within JRiver somehow, and have JRiver output to my ASIO driver.

Thanks.

You could use PowerDVD for video playback and use JRiver's loopback setting to capture and output the sound through JRiver. 

Stream_HD

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 02:57:16 pm »

Thank you for the information.  Sorry to keep sounding like an idiot, but I am completely new to this application by only a few days.  Are there instructions for that as well?

I am willing to test any possible configuration, but still amazed at how many features are in this application :).
16GB RAM

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 03:52:41 pm »

if cinema view is your goal (ie use a remote control in a thaterview environment) go for arcsoft's TMT, it's a bit buggier but the integration with MC works flawless. (also PDVD works well but the commandline for launching from MC is a headache and with a remote you cannot close PDVD and return to MC with one button - as ou need a batch file for that. For TMT search in the forum I wrote somewhere a step-by-step guide about it : http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75817.0
The explanation is that arsoft still offers the theater view (MCE) version as stand alone player once installed search for the uMCEplayer. thats' the exe you'll use for external player.
really search for my post...sorry as I gotta run...

Stream_HD

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 07:30:41 pm »

Thanks Eddy,

I am reading your directions right now.  I just finished purchasing and installing TMT 6.  I will report back with my results!
16GB RAM

Stream_HD

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 07:58:49 am »

I decided to watch a 3D movie on TMT 6 before I made any changes at all to JRiver and the loopback setup.  The movie played flawlessly, and changing chapters etc. didn't cause any stuttering like JRiver does (although it pauses for much more time in between which is ok for me).  The 3D was perfect and the audio locked right into my outputs and the experience was basically as effortless and easy as I could expect.

Now after reading your entire thread, the fact that I use ISO's for all my movies has me concerned with the integration.  I have no intentions of changing from ISO's.  So what I am finding is that TMT 6 can output to Dirac Live's processor, and then Dirac Live CAN output to my ASIO drivers.  So really, this is another work around for me.

I am going to try the integration for test purposes and see which one I like more.  Right now I am annoyed that TMT 6 has no IPad remote (but has a Driod remote).  So currently I have no way to change things without a mouse and keyboard at my side.
16GB RAM

stewart_pk

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 07:40:49 pm »

Right now I am annoyed that TMT 6 has no IPad remote (but has a Driod remote).  So currently I have no way to change things without a mouse and keyboard at my side.

I use an IR remote to control TMT 6 as I do to control JRiver MC.

javidan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 09:06:40 am »

No.  You can use MC to start another player.

Sorry may I how you do that?

Is it through Send To -> Send To (External) ?

If I do that to play a file, it does not update the "Last Played" status etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up