INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How de we choose a different audio output device for music and movies  (Read 2954 times)

pinnocchio

Hi,

I've been using JRiver since release 15 and now on 19 and love it!

I would like to know if it is possible to use two different sound output devices, one for movies and one for music?

I have an external DAC for music connected to a EXAU2I (USB to I2S) device that use a custom ASIO driver. This is connected to a dedicated sound system just for music playback and then I wuld like to use audio passthrough (WASAPI, WASAPI Event, etc) to my ATI HDMI card for my Integra DHC 80.2 processor to decode by itself, I don't want any post processing on anything. Is this possible?

Thanks
Do

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How de we choose a different audio output device for music and movies
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 03:03:23 am »

You can configure separate Zones for audio and video, and use Zone Switch to automatically send audio/video to each.

For video playback, I strongly recommend letting Media Center decode to PCM rather than bitstreaming, so that you can take advantage of VideoClock to keep audio and video in sync.

pinnocchio

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 08:24:05 pm »

Thanks! Done configuring my zones.

Is there a sound device in Windows that I should make the default audio device or it doesn't matter since JRiver takes charge of all this?

Thanks
Do

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 01:50:31 am »

Unless you specify 'Default Audio Device [DirectSound]' in MC, then it uses the default you specify in Windows. If you choose a specific device like an output on your onboard soundcard or HDMI from your videocard the default Windows setting makes no difference for MC.

pinnocchio

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 12:26:37 am »

Thanks everyone! This works beautifully!

Do

pcstockton

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 09:11:08 pm »

I achieve it though bitstreaming the video.  In advanced options if memory serves.
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva
Pages: [1]   Go Up