INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying Media Center on Mac  (Read 1589 times)

chriselden

Trying Media Center on Mac
« on: September 21, 2013, 04:03:52 am »

Hello there

As i really hate ITune i'm looking to replace it so i'm actually trying Media Center.

I have to say it's really ugly and graphically awfull to see and to use :(

The internal options are probably great... I say "probably' because it's ugly and badly thinked that i never find what i want to do :(

It's totally impossible to use for me.

Do you plan to create a real mac-interface for version 19 or you will stay with that?

Thanx

Ian M

• Recent member
Re: Trying Media Center on Mac
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 05:32:40 am »

I can never understand why people hate iTunes. It's free and what it does it does it really well and is really easy to use. What are your reasons for not liking iTunes? Probably the chances are that you need to spend some time to understand it properly. If you dont fully understand what iTunes does then you will never be able work out how to use MC.
I will agree that working out everything that MC does is an uphill struggle and it is still causing me a headache and I'm not sure I will stick with it. The reason I have wanted to use it is that jremote on an iPad is really a fantastic program and searching your library for classical music is a million times better than iPeng.
When I first started with MC I though there would be loads of good tutorials on the web for beginners but there isn't. You would have thought that there would be lots of tutorials on youtube but there is almost zero!
In my opinion the writers of this program should be putting video tutorials on their website, I'm sure this would attract more customers once they realise the possibilities of this program.

chriselden

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 05:57:13 am »

It's exactly what i said : MC is probably full of great features but absolutly awfull to use and uggly :(

Why i hate ITunes ? because :
- syncing things it's just a stupid way to manage music (it's only my personal opinion) why ? because i never suceeded in choosing what i want to sync or not in the itunes library.
- i lost my music several time because syncing doesn't work always in the good way i "hope"
- because Itune manage the music library on the HD like a pig in a farm, putting files everywhere

I can understand that maybe i got all these problems because i don't know how to really use it. But it's simply not my way to do things, it's not my logic at all.

The best way to manage my audio files is simply to manually copy/delete the music on my devices. I recently stopped to use IDevice from apple because of that : you have to use itune! :( i tryed some other apps that can drag&drop files between my mac and any IDevices but there is always a time coming when these apps crash your device and the content :( Only ITune doesn't crash the IDevice  after a long time of use.

What i expect from MC ? communicating (maybe syncing if it works well) with my android phone.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 09:54:08 am »

chriselden,
Your comments are rude and unhelpful.  If you have something specific you need, please post in a more respectful manner.
Pages: [1]   Go Up