INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Extend Room Correction feature to speaker calibration  (Read 1504 times)

D34d_Inside

Extend Room Correction feature to speaker calibration
« on: September 27, 2013, 02:18:50 pm »

Hello great MC-devs,

Is it possible to add the following extension to the Room Correction feature:

Instead of manually changing the distance and volume level of every single speaker, it would be great to play a test sound and then adjust the balance, so you can hear the best setting easily.
Creative did this with a speaker calibrator wizard, which isn't supported anymore since Vista.

It was some kind of a "tock" sound, so you were able to compensate the volume and the delay of your setting.

What do you think?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Extend Room Correction feature to speaker calibration
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 02:37:18 pm »

Use Tools > Advanced Tools > Audio Calibration and select Volume Calibration. Then choose Play instead of Create Files. Once playback starts you can use the forward/backwards buttons to move the calibration sound through the speakers.

It is best to use an SPL meter on C Weighting and Slow for setting levels.

D34d_Inside

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 03:16:13 pm »

Thanks for the information!
But I don't have an SPL Meter, just my ears  ;D
Furthermore this tool plays sound just from one single speaker at a time. I need it to play from Left and Right at the same time to adjust volume and delay of the speakers.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 03:23:51 pm »

You can choose Pink Noise and Stereo and it will play through both front speakers. If you choose 5.1 or 7.1 it will play through all speakers. An easier way is to play a song where the singer is supposed to be centered between the speakers. Adjust the volume of one speaker until the singer is exactly centered. My left speaker is a couple of dB louder due to reflections from a window. The stereo image then pulls to the left.

It is best to set the distance in Room Correction using an actual measurement. Do you have a ruler or tape measure?  ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up