INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: converting wav image to flac failed  (Read 1972 times)

pluto7

• Junior Woodchuck
converting wav image to flac failed
« on: October 11, 2013, 05:28:38 am »

I converted an image mc configured to "delete after converting" wav to flac while converting I sometimes get an message failed and the image is deleted. if I configure mc to convert and keep the image, I get flac and wav image mc converts without any problems. the file or image that I had tried to convert before without saving the original wav file does convert the second try.  image is ok. this problem conversion failed occurs just once in awhile but makes the option delete after conversion untrustworthy. I am not doing anything else on the pc while converting. the data is 100% ok considering the second trial it converts the same data without any problems.

pluto7

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: converting wav image to flac failed
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 02:17:11 pm »

I have converted hundreds of files. this problem is definitely an MC problem.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 03:15:04 pm »

What do you mean by Wav image?  Are you talking about cover art?

pluto7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 09:06:32 am »

An audio image file is a copy of a cd into one file, not split into loose or separate numbers.

pluto7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 04:01:01 pm »

this problem has not gone away, it happens now frequently. fails conversion with practically every wav image.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 11:31:07 am »

Hi.  A little confused, I even googled "audio image file". Anyways, your "audio image" file does have a *.wav extension doesn't it? You aren't talking about an iso file? You keep using the term "image". A wav file regrouping all the tracks is still a wav file, just a big wav file; or it isn't a wav file anymore?

If each file is a wav file with a wav extension, what I understand is that it doesn't always fail.  One reason conversions fail has only to do with Windows limitations ... I suppose you have looked at the total file length which, including the path must be under 256 characters.

The only problems I have had with conversion was from un-mapped network files from classical music -- file length was always the issue for me.

Just out of curiosity, couldn't you just unclick "delete after converting", convert all files to flac  and simply erase or archive all your wavs in one fell swoop?

pluto7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 11:54:44 am »

The extension is .wav and it is one big file, the 256 characters is not the problem, yes I can keep the file that I am converting and delete it later, that is what I am doing now. but MC has the option to convert and delete the original file, this option has the advantage that when I convert an .wav to .flac MC has taken this info such as cover art immediately into the database and I don't need to delete all of the converted leftovers later. MC  converts the image .wav file to .flac split files. I usually use flac frontend or db poweramp converter, but MC does an better job, it doesn't interfere with the tag info. Image is an exact copy of an audio cd without splitting it into individual tracks, usually included with an cue file. most copy software support this. I usually encounter EAC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up