INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FF, REW, Seek question  (Read 1585 times)

Bengi010

• World Citizen
FF, REW, Seek question
« on: November 02, 2013, 03:21:03 pm »

Having issues with FF and Rewind.  It is very slow (5x is about as fast as it goes, 20x seems to back up and actually goes slower than 1x).  Anyway I think this is because of lag on the server end.  The files are on hdds in an external box connected via usb to the pc   and the streams are going over wifi to the the htpc.  Since FF works fine on the pc I'm assuming it's lag from the wifi signal strength.  Does anyone else have this issue?  Are there work arounds other than running and ethernet cable to the htpc?

Second question is I don't see anyway to seek, that is to skip forward or backward, the buttons on the remote don't seem to do anything.
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
Re: FF, REW, Seek question
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 03:19:33 pm »

On the keyboard, pressing the right arrow will seek forward 30 seconds and the left arrow will seek backward 10 seconds.  The buttons on the remote don't do that?  Unfortunately I don't have a remote to test with.
Adam Thompson, JRiver

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: FF, REW, Seek question
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 08:15:10 pm »

The left and right arrows on remote controls work the same way as the arrow keys on keyboards.

And the amount of skip is configurable.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up