INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Better Behavior  (Read 1764 times)

• Citizen of the Universe
Feature Request: Better Behavior
« on: November 05, 2013, 08:19:24 am »

At its most basic, would it be possible to have a preference for the stop button that lets you choose between "Stop" and "Stop after current file" as the default behavior, under Options > General > Behavior ?

More complex: When set to "Stop after current file" pressing the stop button a second time could then stop the file immediately.
Perhaps there could be an indicator for this (stop square, or the ring around the button turns blue?) and right-clicking the stop button could cancel the operation.

Even more complex: Could we have behavior options on an individual library view basis? By default, obey the global options set.
When customizing the library, I would like the option to change the double-click and stop behavior depending on the view.

When playing music, I would always want "Stop after current file"
With movies, I would want it to stop immediately.

I would also like to see the double-click options expanded.
When playing music, I would like a double-click to play all files in the current view, and not just all files in the current group, as it does now.
When playing films, I would set it to only play that one file.
In other views, I may prefer a double-click to add files to play next, or to the end of the playlist, rather than replace what's currently playing.

Re: Feature Request: Better Behavior
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 02:54:05 pm »

Bump

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 05:09:46 pm »

How about using the keyboard shortcuts?  Ctrl+S for stop and Ctrl+Shift+S for stop after current.

I agree it'd be nice if it showed that it was going to stop after the current file a little more clearly when engaged.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 05:13:57 pm »

How about using the keyboard shortcuts?  Ctrl+S for stop and Ctrl+Shift+S for stop after current.
I agree it'd be nice if it showed that it was going to stop after the current file a little more clearly when engaged.
I currently do use that, but I'm trying to find a good solution that lets me move away from using the keyboard and mouse to control MC (right now I have everything mapped to a wireless Xbox controller via Xpadder) and that just stops playback immediately.

And in general, being able to override the default behavior for individual library views would save a lot of headaches - especially as I am now trying to use split views by default. (which has its own issues, but that's for another topic)

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 07:26:10 am »

Something else that I find myself doing quite a lot (just did it again there) and it occurred to me that it would be nice to have the option for this behavior, would be “Add as next to play and clear all tracks below

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 10:01:41 am »

I'd like to see Pause After Current file as an option. Either that or Modify Play Doctor so it doesn't fall out of 'Doctor Mode' when playback is Stopped.

jgreen

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 10:52:19 am »

Here comes the return of my well-worn suggestion of an "Expert's Mode".  While different stop options would be very nice (similar to "Add to PN/next/last/etc"), there is the risk of clutter.  Keyboard shortcuts are nice if you can remember them . . .I can't for the life of me. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up