INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A license issue and an old problem  (Read 833 times)

Charlie T.

• Recent member
  • Owned by 2 Scotties
A license issue and an old problem
« on: November 07, 2013, 04:16:50 pm »

The last 3 updates, each time I start MC, I see the notice the trial period has expired.  I have licensed MC since ver. 17.  For some reason, my computer is not keeping the license information.  Background, this started 2 updates ago.  I didn't really think of the problem after the automatic download and simply 'restored' my license via authorization code.  After a few days, the same license requirement came up and I reapplied the restored licence without problem.
Today, the same problem but the restored license had expired.  I was able to restore again using the authorization code.  I then noticed, more honestly finally read, that there are only 10 restores in a 12 month period.  I have used the 6th one resolving whatever is the problem on my machine since MC 19 came out after beta.

I don't what information to offer but here is the machine:

ASUS Sabertooth x58 with quad Pentium 970 running Windows 7 64 bit SP 1.  A GeForce 7600 GT video.
I was using an ASUS Xonar Essence but starting having noise in the sound during mouse moves or scrolling.  I tried a number of the fixes from the board, but could not quiet the scrolling noise.  I switched to an MAudio 24/196 but same problem.  I used an old Via Envy 24 PCIe card and daughter card and finally got rid of the scrolling noise.  I installed ASIO v2.

I am only using this computer for music in a room with a CARVER 2 channel stereo.  I enhance my listening with a Carver with audio hologram, but all of this is after the computer.

Questions:

1.  Any ideas of the need to restore so often?
2.  Though the sound is adequate from the Envy, I prefer the Xonar - any ideas why I scrolling and mouse noise?

Charlie
Ocean Shores, WA, US
Charlie
Ocean Shores, WA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: A license issue and an old problem
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 04:33:09 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  You may have more than one version installed.  Here's how to license. 
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

The version of the license and program must match.
Pages: [1]   Go Up