INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Picture Import and Picture Albums  (Read 1255 times)

kjhkjh123

• Recent member
Picture Import and Picture Albums
« on: November 09, 2013, 08:08:15 am »

Need some guidance because I have a large pictures collection, 60,000 pictures already organized by year, month and events in a detailed directory structure.  I tried to do a simple import into JRiver and the program automatically organizes the pictures into albums by straight date when the pictures were taken.  Is there anyway to get the import to use my directory structure as the albums.  Clearly I have too many pictures to have to redo my organization in JRiver.   

thanks for any help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Picture Import and Picture Albums
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 09:46:10 am »

Click on Images in the tree on the left to open Images.  There are several default views.

Are the pictures tagged?

kjhkjh123

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 02:00:40 pm »

No Pictures are not tagged.  I have Eight years of pictures, 60,000 total already organized using windows file structure.  Is there anyway to have media center use the already existing folder structure to create albums.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 02:35:32 pm »

Try selecting a few files and using the Library Tool called "Fill Properties from Filename".

You might also tag them by using MC's Expression Language.

If you can describe your folder structure and give a couple of examples, someone may be able to get you started.

kjhkjh123

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 04:28:28 pm »

Thanks for trying to help.  This is just a made up directory structure that matches my actual directories, each tab/indent is a sub-directory and level

2005 Pictures
       Jan-Feb 2005
             Band Concert
             Birthday Party
             School Play
             Dogs in Snow
             Sledding Pictures
       March 2005
             School Play
             Cousin's Birthday
             Aunt Sue's Wedding
             Baseball Tryouts
             Soccer Game
       April 2005 .........
2006 Pictures ...........
2007 ........
2008 ........

This Directory structure starts with Pictures from 2002, and all the pictures are essentially in the third directory level but arranged by event so they are easy to find.  Based on the number of years and the number of pictures involved it becomes clear why I am hoping there is a way to do this automatically without having to go directory by directory.

Server is primary for music and spent the last 6 weeks ripping to FLAC almost 800 CD's so I can have everything at my finger tips without having to star and shelves and shelves of discs, except for the quirks of the online data bases for the music that was real easy. 

It will be a big bonus if I can JRiver as a picture server also.

Pages: [1]   Go Up