INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 sync  (Read 2905 times)

ypomoni

• Recent member
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 sync
« on: November 17, 2013, 12:41:10 pm »

Is there any bug known with the JR19 and GSNote 3 ?
The device is well recognized but no displaying of SD content possible
the content appears when I disconnect the GN3
but the sync doesn't work, no file copied

Is there any clue or solution ?
High Res Music Only ! JRiver MC 23 - Qobuz - Asus Z97I plus - Yamaha DTS 24bits 96KHz - Windows 10 64bits

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 sync bug ?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 09:33:01 am »

I have a note 3 and I can sync to it.  Are you using the Handheld feature in the Action Window? 

ypomoni

• Recent member
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 sync
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 02:07:08 pm »

yes I do but no copying is done.   very strange... 
High Res Music Only ! JRiver MC 23 - Qobuz - Asus Z97I plus - Yamaha DTS 24bits 96KHz - Windows 10 64bits

nitephlight

• World Citizen
Re: Re: Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 sync
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 04:00:13 am »

the content appears when I disconnect the GN3
but the sync doesn't work, no file copied

Is there any clue or solution ?

what do you mean by "content" exactly? so when you plug in your gn3,  does the contents of your sdcard appear in Windows Explorer? If so doss it appear as a Device or as a drive letter?

in MC once the device is recognized, do you mean you can see the device name in drop down, select files to sync but when you disconnect your files never transferred?

honestly if it's an external sdcard, just unmount from phone,  buy a $10 usb sdcard reader from best buy and sync to the drive letter it appears as.  this method is WAY faster than using MTP through android os and removes any sync compatibility issues.

this will work for any phone with a an external microSD slot

Skeet

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 04:14:26 pm »

are you actually suggesting this as a solution?  :o Remove the SD card from a Galaxy Note 3 and sync it in an external reader? The card is hidden under the battery. It might be quicker if there was a fix in MC for the Samsung Galaxy devices, I don't think this is an isolated problem.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 04:13:49 pm »

I have Galaxy S3 and S4 devices in the household.
I am one who was having syncing issues a while back.
Sync completely, then sync again next day and it wanted to sync all of the files again.
I narrowed it down to where it works great if the smartlists selected to sync result in fewer than 2500 songs being sync'd.
When I got to around 4000 songs, things started going south.
My library is flac and it's converting to mp3 for each song during the transfer.
I do not use the cache feature.

I also found that you don't want any of the Samsung Kies garbage installed.
Virgin windows system and let Windows select the driver, I believe it comes up as Samsung MTP device or something along those lines.

nitephlight

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 02:50:25 am »

are you actually suggesting this as a solution?  :o Remove the SD card from a Galaxy Note 3 and sync it in an external reader? The card is hidden under the battery. It might be quicker if there was a fix in MC for the Samsung Galaxy devices, I don't think this is an isolated problem.

if your transfering a large amount of files, it will take much longer in MTP device mode, opens up risk of failure and will not sync Playlists consistently..

the card reader alternative can achieve perfect intended success (as it is equivalent to mass storage mode) , at a faster rate. would be nice to have best of both worlds but you need to root your device for that ;-)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 07:57:03 am »

if your transferring a large amount of files, it will take much longer in MTP device mode, opens up risk of failure and will not sync Playlists consistently..

Note that it doesn't appear to simply be MTP mode that causes problems by itself -- it's a combination of MTP with Media Center.  Transferring large amounts of files and data (50+ Gigs of mp3's in my case) via Windows Explorer (using the same mode on the phone) has always worked just fine for me.  It's only when transferring via Media Center that problems occur for me, hence the workaround to first use MC to sync to a folder on the hard drive, and then use Windows Explorer to copy this contents of the folder over to the phone (Galaxy S3 in my case.)

In other words, MTP mode doesn't appear to cause any transfer issues if you use Windows Explorer instead of MC, and I haven't noticed any slow downs when doing this.

Note that I haven't tried a sync in a little while, so I can't say if I'm still seeing the same issues with the latest build.  I'll have to test it again and report back.

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up