INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to use Playing Now -> Stop After Each Track? Play/Next don't work right.  (Read 6062 times)

tjobbins

• World Citizen

Hi all

Got a bit of an urgent question if anyone could help.  My Dad is giving a "Music Appreciation" evening tonight and I'm over at his place trying to get it set up nicely for him.

We've created a playlist of 10 tracks that will be listened to. After each track, there will be discussion about the piece just heard, and announcing of the next piece.  He doesn't want the playlist to advance automatically, such that he has to keep pressing Pause after each track, and maybe forget and have the next one starting playing.

So I am configuring Playing Now with the perfect-sounding option "Stop After Each Track".

But there seems to be a problem.  When I choose this option, it does indeed stop.  But it doesn't move Playing Now to the next track, so if he then hits Play again, it just plays the first/previous track again.  Even worse, when it's stopped he can't use Next Track either, that does nothing.

How can I set this up so that a playlist is played one track at a time, and he can press a single button on his MC Remote Control to start the next one whenever he wants?

The event is in a few hours so if anyone could get back to me, I'd be most grateful!

Tom

• Citizen of the Universe

Unfortunately, there's no preference for that right now which sticks.

You can use Player > Stop After Current File with normal playback to do what you want (ctrl+shift+s) but it has to be done each time you hit play.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Pause might work.  It's also ctrl-p.

dean70

Is there a Ctrl+Shift+P (Pause after current track)?

tjobbins

• World Citizen

Is there a Ctrl+Shift+P (Pause after current track)?

I tested that, and it worked.  Thanks.  Didn't help for last night as I couldn't see any way to do this via remote control, which was a shame.

In the end I sat in the corner of the room and controlled the playback using an iPad and Web Remote :)  Worked out OK.

Shame though that Stop After Each Track isn't more useful - there's not much point to this feature if you can't then resume playback/skip to next track (except via the full UI, manually clicking on the next one.)

Thanks anyway to those who replied!

I agree - I'm not sure how it's useful to have it play the same track again, rather than move on to the next one.

glynor

• MC Beta Team

I agree - I'm not sure how it's useful to have it play the same track again, rather than move on to the next one.

I actually use it occasionally.  I find it useful for queuing up "alternate zones" with little "fill-ins" when DJ-ing (particularly little video clips).  In these cases, my goal is to have it play the "track" once-and-only-once and then to go and find something else manually (while the full list in the main zone is running again).

(I can see your point, though, in that it does NOT do, at all, what the OP was looking for.)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

I actually use it occasionally.  I find it useful for queuing up "alternate zones" with little "fill-ins" when DJ-ing (particularly little video clips).  In these cases, my goal is to have it play the "track" once-and-only-once and then to go and find something else manually (while the full list in the main zone is running again).
OK, but how would it be different for you if the default behavior was to stop and select the next file, rather than stop and remain on the current file? (so it plays the next track rather than the same one again)

I agree that there are times when you do want it to stop after each file. It's the fact that it stops and remains on the same file that's problematic.

I have suggested this before, but for my usage, it would also be helpful if there was a general preference to make the stop button use "Stop after current file" by default, rather than stopping the file immediately.
Then Stop x2 = stop immediately, and Stop when stopped (x3) = stop and clear bookmark.

glynor

• MC Beta Team

OK, but how would it be different for you if the default behavior was to stop and select the next file, rather than stop and remain on the current file? (so it plays the next track rather than the same one again)

It wouldn't.  The play next would be useless in any case, for my use-case.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up