INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: gizmo and media metadata  (Read 2938 times)

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
gizmo and media metadata
« on: November 30, 2013, 08:09:05 am »

Is it possible to have the gizmo android app display media metadata the way jremote does?

Seems it only shows the show title and image.  

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
Re: gizmo and media metadata
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 12:52:39 pm »

*bump*

no one?  is it really not possible to create a view in JRiver such that additional meta data can display in gizmo?

nitephlight

• World Citizen
Re:
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 12:28:34 am »

I've been asking the same thing in the Android forum, I don't doubt eventually we could see something like this but in the meantime you can use MCWS class File/GetInfo to pull metadata for custom widgets and notifications. youll need a automation tool like Tasker, however to make the REST calls automatically upon client plays

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 01:35:27 pm »

Which information are you looking for specifically?

I don't have any iDevice, so no experience with JRemote, but if you outline what you are looking for, i can see what i can do when we tackle the next batch of Gizmo improvements.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

chrisxyz

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 09:10:35 am »

i can see what i can do when we tackle the next batch of Gizmo improvements.

This would be great! Filetype / sample rate / bit depth for each file would be wonderful (I hope that this could be implemented easily. MC already sends this information: bubbleupnp shows it (e.g. FLAC / 44,1 kHz / 16 Bits). Moreover, an optional possibility to view longer tags would be very helpfull (in particular for classical music).
Thanks in advance!
chrisxyz

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 08:16:55 pm »

yeah - jremote has a great UI where you can click on a "tag" icon and it shows tags for each video:

imagine a tablet in landscape mode split down the middle.   on the left is the list of shows and on the right is the tags for the select show.  there is a "view" button that shows the metadata such as actors, file type, bit depth, length, summary of program, year, file location, etc.

i should grab a screenshot so you can see how it looks, but it's a great way to view all the information that JRiver currently displays for a video when it scans the metadata from the movie DB or the TV DB.

Really slick.  the closest you can achieve on Android is Bubble UPNP and so I spent the $4.99 for it.  it is not as complete as JRemote but it at least has the year, show summary, bit depth, and file location.

moter

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 04:32:02 pm »

I don't have any iDevice, so no experience with JRemote, but if you outline what you are looking for, i can see what i can do when we tackle the next batch of Gizmo improvements.

I'm with the crowd here.  I use JRemote because it allows me to display the metadata for all my audio tracks (FLAC files).  In addition, I can access PDF's of the booklets and additional album artwork under the "Assets" tab. 

I would like to see Gizmo resemble JRemote in these ways. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 04:41:45 pm »

I'm with the crowd here.  I use JRemote because it allows me to display the metadata for all my audio tracks (FLAC files). 
In Panel, when you click on the cover art, some of the metadata is displayed.  Click again and the cover art is displayed.  Would something like that work?
Pages: [1]   Go Up