INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tapatalk and JRiver  (Read 2406 times)

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
Tapatalk and JRiver
« on: October 22, 2013, 11:28:23 am »

Hi,

I am having a an issue with reading the JRiver forum via Tapatalk on an Android device. I emailed Tapatalk support who suggests I ask you to update the API on the forum. Is this something that can be done.

Thanks,

John.

HuYao yao at tapatalk dot com via outlook.com
03:13 (14 hours ago)

to me

Please suggest the forum owner upgrade tapatalk server plugin, it will fix this issue.

Regards,

Yao Hu

tapatalk.com

Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 23:46:52 +0100
Subject: Tapatalk Pro
To: android@tapatalk.com

Hi,

Using the latest version of Tapatalk Pro which I bought recently for my Nexus 4.

Problem I have is when reading new posts on the JRiver forums I have to click the topic then back to the list and then reenter the topic I want to read. If I don't do this I just get a blank page.

If the topics been read before I can enter it no problem.

Cache wiped, and I've reinstalled several times to no avail. Don't have problems with same version and forum on my Nexus 7.

Please can you assist.

Thanks,

John

Sent from my Nexus

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Tapatalk and JRiver
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 11:43:19 am »

I think it has something to do with their switch to an advertising supported business model.  I don't know what it means for JRiver.

FastKayak

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 02:19:54 pm »

For me a better idea is to remove tapatalk stuff from the forum software.  I get nagged all the time by tapatalk since I use my iPad as my primary Interact access device.  I'm not a tapatalk customer (no tapatalk apps on my iPad or anyplace else) and not likely to turn into one.  Every once in a while this results in auto-logon failing and I have to log back in to Interact.  PITA

FastKayak / Larry

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 10:54:03 am »

For me a better idea is to remove tapatalk stuff from the forum software.  I get nagged all the time by tapatalk since I use my iPad as my primary Interact access device. 

Just my 2 cents -- I really like TapaTalk on my ipad. Not sure why or FastKayak gets nagged. But I think its pretty nice on Ios

Sorry for your Android problems though, OP.

Trumpetguy

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 12:36:38 pm »

I have the same problems on Android since upgrading from Tapatalk something to 4. Need to load a thread twice. I really like browsing this forum with Tapatalk, but this gets somewhat annoying sometimes, especially when connected to low capacity mobile data networks.

rjm

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 05:02:35 pm »

Tapatalk on iPad works great for me and I use it all the time.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 11:59:01 am »

Updated the plugin on the forum to current. Hopefully that should cure any troubles.
The new version of the plugin for the SMF we aren't using yet allows the nag to be turned off or only shown once.
At some point when we update the forum that will get implemented.

It's actually pretty nice to use on a small device (which is what I have).

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 12:02:28 pm »

Updated the plugin on the forum to current. Hopefully that should cure any troubles.
The new version of the plugin for the SMF we aren't using yet allows the nag to be turned off or only shown once.
At some point when we update the forum that will get implemented.

It's actually pretty nice to use on a small device (which is what I have).

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Yipeeeee, It works great now. Thanks Bob
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Trumpetguy

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 02:45:08 pm »

Yes, it does!!!  ;D

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 03:06:18 pm »

For me a better idea is to remove tapatalk stuff from the forum software.  I get nagged all the time by tapatalk since I use my iPad as my primary Interact access device.  I'm not a tapatalk customer (no tapatalk apps on my iPad or anyplace else) and not likely to turn into one.  Every once in a while this results in auto-logon failing and I have to log back in to Interact.  PITA

+1

Just my 2 cents -- I really like TapaTalk on my ipad. Not sure why or FastKayak gets nagged. But I think its pretty nice on Ios

Because if you don't have or want TapaTalk on your device, it periodically pops up a modal dialog like this when you visit the site in Mobile Safari:

It is annoying (I know it supports it, I said no at least 100,000,000 times), and is an ad as far as I'm concerned.  I tried TapaTalk out a few times and didn't find it to be superior enough compared to the native Safari behavior to be worth it.  I'm sure some people like it, but it was fiddly in quite a few ways for me (and it was crashy when last I tried it).  I intentionally never close the "Interact Page" on my iOS devices because of this "feature".

In any case, the popup is extremely irritating.  And, yes, sometimes it "fights" with you when you are trying to login, and I've seen it cause site slowness and loading errors too (probably if the Tapatalk servers that serve that js are overloaded or slow).

You don't need to delete Tapatalk from Interact to solve this problem, though:
https://support.tapatalk.com/threads/message-this-forum-has-an-app-for-iphone.8337/
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 05:05:35 pm »

+1

Because if you don't have or want TapaTalk on your device, it periodically pops up a modal dialog like this when you visit the site in Mobile Safari:

It is annoying (I know it supports it, I said no at least 100,000,000 times), and is an ad as far as I'm concerned.  I tried TapaTalk out a few times and didn't find it to be superior enough compared to the native Safari behavior to be worth it.  I'm sure some people like it, but it was fiddly in quite a few ways for me (and it was crashy when last I tried it).  I intentionally never close the "Interact Page" on my iOS devices because of this "feature".

In any case, the popup is extremely irritating.  And, yes, sometimes it "fights" with you when you are trying to login, and I've seen it cause site slowness and loading errors too (probably if the Tapatalk servers that serve that js are overloaded or slow).

You don't need to delete Tapatalk from Interact to solve this problem, though:
https://support.tapatalk.com/threads/message-this-forum-has-an-app-for-iphone.8337/

Okey Dokey, the nag is gone.

FastKayak

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 06:37:45 pm »

Thanks!

FastKayak / Larry

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: Re: Re: Tapatalk and JRiver
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2013, 05:33:08 pm »

Using the latest version of Tapatalk Pro which I bought recently for my Nexus 4.

Problem I have is when reading new posts on the JRiver forums I have to click the topic then back to the list and then reenter the topic I want to read. If I don't do this I just get a blank page.

If the topics been read before I can enter it no problem.

Cache wiped, and I've reinstalled several times to no avail. Don't have problems with same version and forum on my Nexus 7.

Please can you assist.

Thanks,

John

Sent from my Nexus

Problem still occurring for me on my nexus 5.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation
Pages: [1]   Go Up