INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: album info  (Read 1834 times)

tngiloy

• Junior Woodchuck
album info
« on: December 01, 2013, 12:10:40 pm »

I have been using mc19 for a few weeks ripping cd's to library. Yesterday it was unable to get album info from database. I tried a number of cd's to no avail. Cd's that should be in any database--- Steve Earle (3 different cd's) ELO (5 cd's) Eurythmics.
Is there something wrong with your database or is there something wrong with my settings.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: album info
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 12:58:30 pm »

A firewall or other security software could cause this kind of problem.

Arindelle

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 09:47:31 am »

If Jim's suggestion didn't work for you.

Just out of curiosity, could you try your 3 Steve Earle cds from library tools after import? I submitted 7 of his cds just now.

Did you get any info? Are you doing this from a client PC?

tngiloy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 01:01:55 pm »

I turned off my Bitdefender firewall and turned on the windows7 firewall and it now works. But when I started to rip a message popped up in Windows7 saying it was blocking some info and asking if I wanted to allow it. After overriding Windows firewall and allowing access it works fine.

Arindelle, thanks for your work, but since I didn't try until today I can't be sure if it is working because of your efforts or not. I'm pretty sure it was a firewall problem since it now works for all the different artists albums I ripped. But thanks again to you and others who update the data base.

JimH, is this a bug that needs to be addressed in MC19 or is this something Bitdefender needs to know about ?? Since it was being blocked by Windows7 firewall I think its something MC19 may need to fix.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 01:48:32 pm »

This isn't an MC problem.

Arindelle

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 03:09:28 am »

This isn't an MC problem.
No its not. Just mentioning B.D. ....

I use Bitdefender because I bought a three year contract, then I'm changing >:(. They are notorious about false positives with jriver; however their firewall is pretty good and easy to set up. You have to white-list the program other wise each install you must "allow" both the MC server program and the main jriver app after each version change. In their defense, their firewall is doing what it should do I guess

Occasional I have had to exclude a new install, and that's more of a pain in the ass ... but it hasn't happened in awhile knock on wood. Do not use both Windows and Bitdefender firewalls at the same time though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up