INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Different video ISO files in different menù, how?  (Read 833 times)

scomed99

• Recent member
Different video ISO files in different menù, how?
« on: December 05, 2013, 01:43:44 am »

Hi,

in many years I have done many home videos that after authoring and video editing I put on some DVD.

Now, I can't put the ISO file of my DVD in "home video" menù because when I import them to the library the ISO files goes in the "movie" menù together with standard film.

Is it possible to import my ISO file in "home video" menù and ISO standard movie in "movie" menù?

Thanks as always

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Different video ISO files in different menù, how?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 07:32:15 am »

You can edit the Media Subtype tag.

scomed99

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 09:00:29 am »

Thanks,

I try to edit submedia type but without results (option-->Theater view-->home videos-->set rules)

Could you explain step by step what I have to do?

Thanks

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 01:54:51 pm »

There are several ways to tag the files.  One simple way is to right click -> Tag.  You need to change the Media Sub Type field from Movie to Home Video.  They will now show up correctly in Theater View using the default settings. 

You could also batch tag using some of the options explained here:  http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Edit_File_Properties_%28tags%29

Lastly, you can set up Import to do this for you automatically.  Create a Home Video folder that you rip all Home Video .iso files to.  Then Tools -> Options -> Library & Folders -> Configure auto-import -> Folders -> Add -> Browse to the folder you created for all your Home Videos.  In the Apply these tags box: Add -> Custom -> Field = Media Sub Type, Value = Home Video.
Pages: [1]   Go Up