INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Send IR Code on ZoneSwitch?  (Read 2625 times)

cfineman

• Recent member
Send IR Code on ZoneSwitch?
« on: December 07, 2013, 01:25:33 pm »

I've got an AVR and a separate integrated amp that does HT passthur (volume then controlled by AVR). Currently my SqueezeBox is hooked up directly through the integrated amp and my video-based stuff goes through the AVR then out the integrated amp for the front channels. The catch is I have to switch between the "source 1" and "passthru" input selectors.

This was easy enough to control with my harmony remote but I'm not sure how to handle this on my JRiver box. The SB will get replaced with a DAC and it's straightforward enough to set up two zones along with ZoneSwitch rules to get the signal going down the right path but, to complete the puzzle, I need to be able to send an IR code to the integrated amp to switch the input selector. I poked around the forums and, of course, the UI but didn't see anyway to configure such an action.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Send IR Code on ZoneSwitch?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 10:23:42 am »

Sorry, but there's no built in way to blast IR codes on an event like a zone change.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

cfineman

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 11:43:04 am »

Any suggestions then? I guess I could use the harmony to enter a certain mode then use Gizmo to control things but I was really hoping to be able to do everything I wanted using Gizmo and Home Theater View.

connersw

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 01:56:23 pm »

That's what I do.  I've been looking at using the Galaxy S4 to replace the Harmony, then it is at least just one device, but I haven't gotten there yet. 

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 02:14:54 pm »

Any suggestions then? I guess I could use the harmony to enter a certain mode then use Gizmo to control things but I was really hoping to be able to do everything I wanted using Gizmo and Home Theater View.

You could do it with Girder.

Since Girder can trigger IR commands via a variety of means (including a simple command line call) you could add an entry into Theater View that triggers the Girder command that does what you want.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 03:58:01 pm »

If you have an Android or iOS device, and are willing to spend about $200 and a few hours of your time, iRule can truly incorporate all modes of control.

http://www.iruleathome.com/

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 04:08:26 pm »

EventGhost could do this as well.  Similar to the Girder method, set up and event that trigger's the IR signal that you want to send.  Should be pretty straight forward.

Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up