INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [19.0.96] Turning off the duplicate detector/changing its detection parameters  (Read 1426 times)

Goatshade

• Citizen of the Universe

I am in a bit of a dilemma:

I'm trying to sync music to my phone, and some files are being detected as duplicates based on the basic tags (Artist, Album, &c.), but in reality, are not. I have my library and fields set up in such a way that files are made distinct in terms of sorting, but appear as duplicates.

For example, I have two tracks by Antimatter, called "Firewalking". Both are on the same album, and both have the same track # (4). However, they are on separate discs, and the one on disc 2 is indicated as a remix by a separate, custom field that I have defined, named "Track Version".

I would like to do one of two things:
1. Alter the duplicate detection parameters so that it will take into account more than just the basic fields.
2. Disable duplicate detection entirely so that I can sync these files.

What can I do to fix this?

Goatshade

Another way would be on-the-fly renaming of the file (or rather, the file's metadata) during sync. In this case, having a rule that alters the Name field so that it is essentially [Name] ([Track Version]) during the sync.

I don't see any option to do this.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.

I've been asking for two years.  Doh!

Item 11 in my wish list:

Sync: Include [Disc #] in MatchKeyExpression for audio
Same-named tracks at the same track # on multi-disc albums prevents synchronization on HH.  Include [Disc #] in MatchKeyExpression, or allow it to be modified so users can amend.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Goatshade

If not any of the above, could the parameters that control duplicate detection at least be extended so that disc numbers are taken into account?

EDIT: Oh, derp. It looks like we're asking for the exact same thing. Sorry. :P

What would be better, though, would be to make the MatchKeyExpression editable by the user. Unless there's something I'm not taking into consideration.

Goatshade

Could we call this a petition? :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up