INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Log Provided for Crashing Issue Launching Videos From Windows Explorer  (Read 926 times)

mykillk

• World Citizen

Ever since I started using MC18, I've experienced a crashing issue launching videos from Windows Explorer. It has continued right up to the .58 version of MC19. I've never bothered to make a log but I have now.

The steps to reproduce are simple. Launch videos from Windows Explorer via double-clicking. It might crash on the next video, or in ten videos but it always will crash eventually for me. I haven't noticed any correlation with the crash happening with a specific video type.

The log .zip is attached.

One thing I do a bit differently is that I use a custom video filter chain, with ROHQ as the base and the LAV Video Filter added on so I can get into the options and enable DXVA2. I don't know if that might have something to do with the crash.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Log Provided for Crashing Issue Launching Videos From Windows Explorer
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 05:23:15 pm »

Try switching to RO Std and no modifications to see if you still get the problem. 

mykillk

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 05:46:20 pm »

I ran of series of tests to try and narrow the issue

RO Standard:
Opened 15 videos without a crash

ROHQ:

ROHQ + LAV Video (Custom Video Filter):

ROHQ + LAV Video (Custom Video Filter) + DXVA2 Enabled (This is my normal configuration):
Crashed on 3rd video opened

So it definitely looks like an issue with enabling DXVA2. Unfortunately I cannot test DXVA2 without having a custom video filter because the option "Hardware accelerate video decoding when possible" has never worked for me.

Might be a MadVR issue not MC?

mykillk

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 04:27:43 pm »

I just wanted to mention that after the following update:

19.0.72 (11/6/2013)

1. Changed: Revision to how threading is managed when starting video playback (attempt to work around a sporadic hang on some systems when starting video playback).

that the crashing has been significantly reduced. It still does on occassion but I'd say it happens about 1/5th as often as it did before or less.

Great work as usual.
Pages: [1]   Go Up