INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Projector crashes MC19  (Read 918 times)

BenKenobi

Projector crashes MC19
« on: December 30, 2013, 09:52:51 am »

This issue has just surfaced, but then up until now I didn't have a projector connected.

There is no mode that the projector doesn't support that the TV does, both TV and projector are connected through a link box but both should output the same resolution.

I am seeing issues where MC19 crashes or plays video without sound, if I launch directly from the disk it seems to work - if I launch in MC19 it crashes more than it works and has twice now left the system in an 'unsupported' frequency state - although the frequency is supported - all that I can do is reset the HTPC via a remote connection.

I have temporarily disabled MC19's ability to change the screen automatically and had no problems since so it is clearly something to do with 'attempted' and failed resolution change - but why would this affect whether audio was available from the movie etc ? i.e the movie plays but no sound is received by the receiver.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Projector crashes MC19
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 10:17:01 am »

If it works with one device but not with another, it may be a driver problem.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 12:15:02 pm »

I had similar issues with my Epson projector, connected to my Onkyo receiver. It was really weird that it did this, but only at 60 Hz. I eventually set my desktop refresh rate to 23 Hz and the problem disappeared. I was running in dual screen mode with a matching resolution (1080p) touchscreen.
It wasn't just MC that was affected, although standard view was almost impossible - it would send the projector into an epileptic fit at 60 Hz. Google Chrome was also affected.

BenKenobi

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 12:44:52 pm »

My receiver is an Onkyo and it does seem to be 60hz that is the problem ... but is the problem Onkyo or MC19 / madVR ... if I set the refresh rate to 60Hz via Windows the projector works fine, 60Hz is in the list of supported frequencies for the projector (JVC DLA-HD1) the issue only exists when MC19 switches the display so perhaps there's a bug in there some place.

Any idea how this issue can be traced / logged / tracked down - i.e. any 'developer level' logging that can be done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up