INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can A Smart Playlist Choose Highest Bitrate of The Same Song?  (Read 1843 times)

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
Can A Smart Playlist Choose Highest Bitrate of The Same Song?
« on: December 30, 2013, 10:47:53 am »

I searched for this in forums, but I did not find a solution (I could be search term impaired though, so take that with a grain of salt).

Here is my issue-- I currently have 11,987 audio files of different formats stored in my library.  I create smart playlists to play songs of select genres that have not been played in the last x number of days.  My library intentionally contains the same songs in different bit rates.  For example, I have NIN's Hesitation Marks release in both 16-bit 44.1kHz format and 24-bit 48kHz format.  The same songs exist in two different sets of files.  I want my smart play list to only select the higher bit rate set of files, but I do not know of a way MC19 can do this on its own.

What I can do right now is create a tag for every file that I want selected in my smart play list.  "Encoded By" is a good one for this purpose.  The smart play list can only select files where Encoded By is set to my name, for example.  This just means I must manually set all files I want my smart play list to choose by valuing the Encoded By tag. 

I know of no other way that MC can do this, but if anyone has idea, please post.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can A Smart Playlist Choose Highest Bitrate of The Same Song?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 11:24:34 am »

You might try using Stacks.
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Stacks
Pages: [1]   Go Up